Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Use Dyna balls in lieu of lead weight balance. Wishing you a nice day.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Thinking of that option as well. One of my winter projects is to take my wheels off and polish them. So I'm thinking about removing the weights and going with the dyna beads. If I use DirtDobbers setup then it will be necessary to remove the weights. Either that or just do it by hand and leave them on.

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
I have been thinking of going that way myself (manual balancing) as I do not trust dynabeads entirely.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I use Dynabeads now, but I have done it by hand. Never used a stand though. I put the axle in the wheel and hung it from the rafters on my porch and levelled it up and went from there.
IMO Dynabeads are the way to go though!

·
Darkside 205/65R/16
70 Posts
Dynabeads! They will stay balanced for the life of the tire. This is something the weights can't do. You will be glad you used the beads!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Dynabeads! They will stay balanced for the life of the tire. This is something the weights can't do. You will be glad you used the beads!
Plowboy hit it right on the head. Metal weights only are accurate for a short time. As the tire wears, the weights no longer balance true. Dynabeads do balance for the entire life of the tire.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
)You can make you own. Use to car stands, a 3/4in. rod, (i think) level it and static balance it. I have done this for some time and I have had to take them off a rebalance them, now I use dyna beads, but I will static balance if needed, I think thats how we did Charlie Ds

·
Registered
715 Posts
When I did my tires I did this...
I removed the tire.
temporarily set the rim back in the forks while the front end was off the ground and found the heavy spot to the rim.

then when I installed the tire I lined up the the proper dots on the tire with the mark on the wheel.

I then did dynabeads and now it works great!

Lots of info online on how to balance Motorcycle tires...

:choppersm

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
You can use anything to static balance. I have seen guys use a giant screwdriver resting on 2 lawnchairs facing each other. I don't entirely trust dynabeads so when I put some new tires on here in a month or two, I will static balance them and use adhesive weights. That's what my local dealership does.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts