Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly not sure which one it is called I have the exhaust with the holes on the interior of the exhaust and Im thinking that I need to drill them out or deeper but honestly im not sure about the whole operation and dont think my harbor freight cordless drill is going to cut the mustard

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I was looking around and it looks like this has already been done but it does not seem to be loud or deep enough for my taste you think my only option is aftermarket pipes ?

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,946 Posts
You see that closed off part in the bottom at 6 o clock?

Drill through that and it gets deeper. :)

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
See all that stuff in the middle there? Take as much of that out as you can. I removed the chrome tips, cut the end off of the muffler, removed the baffle, drilled everything I could with 5/8" holes. I had a 24" long bit that came crime Harbor Freight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-pjjQgFYBk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Then I had Cobra Speedster Longs. They were to quiet, so I went to HK Sideburners. I cut part of the muffler out on that muffler too.

I like low and loud. My stock pipes that I basically gutted...they were lower and louder than either of my aftermarket exhaust systems.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
So I was looking around and it looks like this has already been done but it does not seem to be loud or deep enough for my taste you think my only option is aftermarket pipes ?
Bottom hole in each muffler....See that capped tube??...Drill a big ass hole in it!!!...:47b20s0:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMG you guys were right I was skeptical but that 1/2" hole drilled in that inside made a WORLD of difference deep and loud sounds FANTASTIC now thanks you guys rock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts