Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all- I. Found a deal on both road burner 2.5 inch street pro's for 325$ and 3 inch road pro's for 348$. A couple questions. Does anyone have either of the systems and can attest to the quality? Also, is there a difference between the 3 inch road pro's and the hard krome 3 inch big straights? I beilieve they are both made by hard krome and they look exactly the same in the pictures. Also, is there really much difference in performance between these straight pipes as opposed to pipes with a crossover like the vance and hines and cobra speedsters? The price on these just seems really hard to beat! Ps. I've heard the baffles do not come out as well on some roadburner pipes. Is this true? Sorry so many questions at one time!

·
Sarge
643 Posts
I have the 3" BlackHawks from Road Burner. IMHO, They are pretty good pipes. If I had it to do over I would probably get a set of 2 into 1 pipes as I like their sound better, but The Road Burners are 1) Just loud enough, 2) nice looking and seem to have helped the big beast breathe a bit easier (really better after I did a SpYker mod).

I would stick with the 3" as they have a bit deeper sound (but that is purely my preference) I, like you, have been told that they are, in fact, made by HardKrome

My baffles do not come out, they are the SLT model that is quite when I'm not tromping the throttle, but come to life when I do!!:mosh:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hey all- I. Found a deal on both road burner 2.5 inch street pro's for 325$ and 3 inch road pro's for 348$. A couple questions. Does anyone have either of the systems and can attest to the quality? Also, is there a difference between the 3 inch road pro's and the hard krome 3 inch big straights? I beilieve they are both made by hard krome and they look exactly the same in the pictures. Also, is there really much difference in performance between these straight pipes as opposed to pipes with a crossover like the vance and hines and cobra speedsters? The price on these just seems really hard to beat! Ps. I've heard the baffles do not come out as well on some roadburner pipes. Is this true? Sorry so many questions at one time!
i'll try to answer your questions. Both roadhouse and hard chrome were made by the same company. in a choice between the 3 inch and the 2.5 inch, the 2.5 inch would be less likely to burn the vtx side covers or clutch cover, or legs for that matter. Both pipes have issues with welds breaking and performance, imho, is mostly imaginary, but the bike sure sounds more powerful and faster. and finally, yes, some models of roadburner are sold without end caps and without removable baffles. Hope this helps, i know their are very low price deals out their on discontinued roadhouse. Good luck, Bry

ps, if you have stock exhaust, just about ANY afterrarket system will give you a lot of satisfaction with the much improved sound.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I had the 2.5 street lites on mine and I had no problems. The 3" do seem to have cracking issues. As for the differences the street pros come with an end cap were the street lites don't. The baffles on street pros are not removable but the street iltes are. If the removable baffles are a must for you go with the street lites they're exactky the same pipes except for these 2 issues. The end caps lose the chrome in awhile anyhow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've got the Street Pro's (in Black) and they sound pretty good. My friend has V&H on his X and has said my sound as good as his. Hadn't had a problem yet and they have been on for about 8 months now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts