Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever mount these Yamaha bags on a 1300R?
If so, what mounting hardware did you use?

Can it be done?

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
My wife has the Yami hard leather bags on her 950T. Those things are huge with storage and look great. I know a few members were eyeing them at the Indy M&G last year wondering the same thing as you.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I just got back from a 6,000 km round trip to the Dragon's Tail and 4 of the 7 bikes that went were Yammies, and I was really impressed with what they could get into those bags. They even mentioned that they thought that the bags would look good on the R model.

My only concern is the mounting. The Yammies don't have the rear shocks to deal with. And I would probably have to move/relocate the rear signal lamps.

I was hoping to find someone who has mounted them and what hangers might have been used.

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
Yes, I just got back from a 6,000 km round trip to the Dragon's Tail and 4 of the 7 bikes that went were Yammies, and I was really impressed with what they could get into those bags. They even mentioned that they thought that the bags would look good on the R model.

My only concern is the mounting. The Yammies don't have the rear shocks to deal with. And I would probably have to move/relocate the rear signal lamps.

I was hoping to find someone who has mounted them and what hangers might have been used.

I don't see why you couldn't use Easy Brackets and mount the bags to them. You may need to add additional support and stiffen them up a bit, but it should not be too complex to mount the bags.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have been looking at these myself, in fact I've been watching the Yamaha forums to see if some pop up. I think you should by them and put them on so I can see what they look like before I spend my money on them. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I sell Yamahas and those bags are a key point of interest. Theyre big, leather covered plastic and they lock. Id love em on my X aswell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts