Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mako and I stood at a Columbia, SC Walmart from 10PM until 5:30AM to get laptops (for multi-day rides), TomTom GPS units and Shop Vacs. I also took the oportunity to get a tool chest and some basic tools.

Some folks who came later thought we were crazy (this was a first Black Friday deal for both of us), but it turned out there were not as many laptops as rumor said and those who made the comments missed out. We were #1 and #2 in line.

The store WE were in was well organized and everyone behaved themselves. The one our wives visited was not so much, not craziness...just not organized. Visiting with a few nice folks in line also helped pass the time.

This should certainly take care of Christmas and birthdays fo rthe next year!

·
Registered
20 Posts
my girlfriend does it every year. although i have to say, she does get some good deals. but i told her that if she wants to go out on black friday then go for it, i will be here in bed when you get back.lol. people just get to crazy for me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
On black Friday I'm either working, or sleeping in. You wouldn't catch me near a department store or mall, barring an emergency.

I tried to take advantage of on-line cycle sales. The helmet I really-really want is closed out. Took all day to find my size at all. One store had it at close out prices, but they have bad reviews. Found a second one at only a little off retail. But the store promises to price match. So I bit the bullet, paid, and submitted the link. I hope they're not full of Toro Poo-poo.

Got my wife's birthday present at Amazon 20 bucks cheaper then I could find anywhere else (on line) and they threw in free shipping and a $20.00 Amazon gift card.

Bought her present in my shorts drinking coffee..... The only way to shop...:coffee:

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought her present in my shorts drinking coffee..... The only way to shop...:coffee:
That's my usual route as well. But it WAS an experience. Would have to have something I REALLY wanted/needed for me to do it again, though...

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
We stayed in the house all day Friday. Didn't go near any stores. The people get to stupid for me. I don't do crowds that well. They have a tendency to make me a bit...cranky. :mad: I know! I know... It's hard to believe that I could ever get cranky, because you all know me as being all humble and lovable-N-stuff. ;)

·
Registered
757 Posts
i went out late friday afternoon just to see what there was left over. the stores weren't quite as crazy at that point. i didn't see any great deals and pretty sure there weren't many earlier in the day.

i did buy a G4 powerset online for $303 from revzilla.com, so i was happy with that!

:choppersm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts