Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mean City Cycles and BD's Cycles are teaming up with Madness_MC to put on a South East VTX Tech Session.

The target date is April 17th, with a rain date of Apr. 24th.

Allen, Brian and Joe are planning a few door prizes and will gladly answer as many of your questions regarding their areas of expertise as possible.

So this is the sign-up and topic request post. Anyone interested and would like to attend, here's your place to let us (and everyone else) know. Please sign up by replying below !!!

Several topics that can be easily covered ...
- Driving light bar install,
- Accessory power outlet install,
- LED Turnsignal install w/Run/Turn/Brake controller,
- Tire replacement with computer balance or DynaBeads,
- PAIR valve removal,
- Progressive spring and shock install,
- Steering Neck Bearing replacement,
- Slip-on muffler replacement,
- Exhaust system replacement,
- SCAR mod,
- Carb rejet,
- Valve adjustment (The bike will need to sit for several hours, so this will be for an early arrival participant only !!!) This bike would also be a good candidate for the PAIR valve removal mod as well.

Because of the number of requests that are coming in, we'd like to get everyone listed in one place. Please begin to sign up below and let us know whether you would like to see a mod (procedure) done or whether you wish to "donate" your bike as a demo unit in exchange for free labor and great camaraderie. Also let us know if you need directions or overnight accommodations. Brian and Joe may be able to help you out if needed.

We need a head-count so that Joe can make reservations at a local eatery for a late lunch/early dinner, if anyone is interested. A group ride may precede or follow the food. There’s a place in Columbia’s Vista area that serves wonder, authentic Philly cheesesteaks if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Ya bettch

Joe - I'm in and will "donate" my bike for the steering bearing replacement. (I will pick up whatever costs are required.) Recommendations on accommodations and other arrangements would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TOF

Mean City Cycles and BD's Cycles are teaming up with Madness_MC to put on a South East VTX Tech Session.

The target date is April 17th, with a rain date of Apr. 24th.

Allen, Brian and Joe are planning a few door prizes and will gladly answer as many of your questions regarding their areas of expertise as possible.

So this is the sign-up and topic request post. Anyone interested and would like to attend, here's your place to let us (and everyone else) know. Please sign up by replying below !!!

Several topics that can be easily covered ...
- Driving light bar install,
- Accessory power outlet install,
- LED Turnsignal install w/Run/Turn/Brake controller,
- Tire replacement with computer balance or DynaBeads,
- PAIR valve removal,
- Progressive spring and shock install,
- Steering Neck Bearing replacement,
- Slip-on muffler replacement,
- Exhaust system replacement,
- SCAR mod,
- Carb rejet,
- Valve adjustment (The bike will need to sit for several hours, so this will be for an early arrival participant only !!!) This bike would also be a good candidate for the PAIR valve removal mod as well.

Because of the number of requests that are coming in, we'd like to get everyone listed in one place. Please begin to sign up below and let us know whether you would like to see a mod (procedure) done or whether you wish to "donate" your bike as a demo unit in exchange for free labor and great camaraderie. Also let us know if you need directions or overnight accommodations. Brian and Joe may be able to help you out if needed.

We need a head-count so that Joe can make reservations at a local eatery for a late lunch/early dinner, if anyone is interested. A group ride may precede or follow the food. There’s a place in Columbia’s Vista area that serves wonder, authentic Philly cheesesteaks if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
966 Posts

Want me to be the "keeper of the attendee list"???

1)MC Madness
2)BadX / aka: Mean City Cycles
3)BdsbigZRX / aka: BD's Cycles
4)The Old Fool
5)hrca0434sc
6)scteach
7)johnc486
8)POP
9)Carl Wiggins
10)ponyz101 (?)
11)fry91Ray + spouse
12) Big-X
13)ruwafl
14)tank4300
15)rogergthree
16)spoiler
17) BassOverflow
18) joeldorris
19) poolmaster79
20) boa1770
21) ArtSC
22) superwrench0063
23) hdog
24)LCSDRW
25)xdanman
26)SillyOleBear
27)doktor
28)bikeme
29)rabh20
30)skull1300c
31)manofsteel1980
32)VTX-Mike
33)Spoiler
34)wireless

·
Registered
4 Posts
Count me in, just want to show up for the fellowship and ride. Whatever you all want to discuss I will listen and observe.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe - I'm in and will "donate" my bike for the steering bearing replacement. (I will pick up whatever costs are required.) Recommendations on accommodations and other arrangements would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TOF
TOF - Order up the All-Balls steering neck bearing replacement set from DLP

All Balls and Progressive Springs Part Numbers

Replaces your stock ball bearings (1300) or stock tapered bearing (1800) and decreases any potential wobble in the front end of your bike.
ALL BALLS 22-1020
Part #: ALL-221020 (AA-416245) Price: $

Progressive Suspension front fork springs for VTX1300C and VTX1300S, R & T-models.
Part #: PRO-111126 (AA-771126) Price:

Let either me or Brian (BD's Cycles) know what type of accommodations and for which or how many nights that you'll need and we can recommend several places for you to choose from.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Not that I am not interested - but, I am unable to make either Apr 17th or the rain date of the 24th. Sucks to be me :disappointed: !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Need to REJET since i changed over to HK pipes from stock. Have the kit just havent stopped to complete it. Also interested in possible SCAR Mod...what will I need for that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
count me in.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Need to REJET since i changed over to HK pipes from stock. Have the kit just havent stopped to complete it. Also interested in possible SCAR Mod...what will I need for that.
Patience and the proper hand tools. Check out the SCAR MOD to see what's involved and just tote along the few items that you will need. No parts to purchase.

BassOverflow said:
Can I donate my bike for the PAIR removal? I already have the plates.
Does a bird have wings. Bring along the tools needed to remove your gas tank, and a ¼"-drive ratchet set with metric sockets (Craftsman, Stanley, Kobalt or other name-brand set should be terrific), some metric wrenches 8mm thru 13mm (same brands as above) and several screwdrivers - a #4 flat and #2 Phillips should be adequate. We'll walk you thru the "operation" in no time.

Joe Licketto
Madness Motorcycle
2420 Main Street
Elgin, SC 29045
803-729-4258
[email protected]

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
I plan on showing up to watch, assist, and learn. Don't have anything in particular that I need or want to do the bike, but i would like to meet some more members and try to learn a few things....

-Spoiler

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
... Can you post the directions too..
For those needing directions to the shop -

Coming from the direction of Florence or Columbia on I-20 -
- Take Exit 87, White Pond Road
- Follow the signs on White Pond Road to Elgin (about 2½ - 3 miles)
- At the STOP sign at Church Street, make a right
- Go 1 block to the traffic light at the intersection with Main Street (US-1)
- Make a right onto Main Street (North on US-1) towards Lugoff/Camden
- Go less than ½ mile to see Madness Motorcycle on your left immediately before the bridge overpass. It's a big blue building with white trim and a lot of bikes outside.

If anyone else needs directions, please eMail me at [email protected]

Joe Licketto
Madness Motorcycle
2420 Main Street
Elgin, SC 29045
803-729-4258
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 116 Posts