Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from eureka springs , ive got to tell all, the roads in northwest ar are phenominal. They have motorcycle trip maps at all the hotels. Have taken a couple of these and they are great. Went to the rockies last summer, and of course the riding was great, but the roads in ark are all you can eat for sure. Hey also ran into another VTXer and could have talked his ear off, but i thought he needed to ride. Let me know if he is reading this. Long live the Pig Trail

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Shhhhh....it's our little secret over here. Don't want to clog up the roads too much. Glad you enjoyed our neighborhood. :mosh:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I rode rt7 to Harrison early last november and it was incredible. Plenty of curves and the views were out of this world. I 'll try the pig this year!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I don't think there are any bad roads for riding here. Just pick a direction and go and you'll have plenty of curves and scenery. Just about every time I go ride I "discover" a new road that is great to ride.

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
I have to put up with these roads every day. What a bummer....;)

·
Regular Person
1,260 Posts
I agree 100% !

We did 750 miles on those roads last Labor day weekend and had a blast. Started at Push Mountain and ended up on the Jasper Disaster. Can't wait to get back. Ate at the Cliff House along Rt 7 and seen the Arkansas Grand Canyon.... Very good food and even better view.

This year we are going during the fall for the colors

·
isn't my real 1st name
158 Posts
Rode out to Eureka Springs today to hang out at The Rockin Pig and listen to some Blues.. very nice ride out there.. not so fond of the night ride home though.. Always worry about deer and other critters.

·
Registered
821 Posts
yeah, that's what sucks about riding at night. It's so much fun, but so much more dangerous. I really need to head over to eureka sometime. That's my old stompin grounds.

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
The "pig tail" eh.... I'll have to look that one up on Google...

Spoiler

:patriot:
You might want to look up the "pig trail" (Highway 23 through the Boston Mountains.) Pig tail might be good to eat in some parts of the state, but I wouldnt want to try to ride one. ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I LOVE being 20 minutes from the border on I-40. about 97% of my rides are all through arkansas. There are a few good rides just west of me near some lakes up to Tahlequah OK, but AR gets my vote! :cheers:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well I'm glad the roads on the west side of Arkansas are smooth; Because, the one running north and south on the east side of the state is ruff like ouch!!! I would much rather ride the west side of Arkansas. I'm just saying.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
I agree 100% !

We did 750 miles on those roads last Labor day weekend and had a blast. Started at Push Mountain and ended up on the Jasper Disaster. Can't wait to get back. Ate at the Cliff House along Rt 7 and seen the Arkansas Grand Canyon.... Very good food and even better view.

This year we are going during the fall for the colors
Zomby, when you thinkin' on coming down?Fall colors don't really hit till late Oct. here. Plenty of time to have a group ride put together!

Rebel

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
If you want, post when on the Arkansas forum and we'll see what kinda Dixie hospitality we can show you and yours.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was just looking at some of your photo. The bike that has the black saddle bags how did you get that front wheel hub to shine like that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts