Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

auto cancelling turn signals

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  XXXRIDER 
#1 ·
I'm looking for auto cancelling turn signals for my dad for Christmas. He has a VTX 1800. I would appreciate any help that I could get. Thank you so much.

#5 ·
Hi Bear, if i read the website right, that unit also gives the brake, stop, turn function, although red signal lenses would be needed, is that right?
Yes red lenses would be necessary and can be bought from Kuryakyn. I don't have T/S's on my fender because of rhe bettle bags and forgot that. I do like the unit, he says it will work with Kury's triple whammy but I took mine off and I like the way it works now fine.

#6 ·
Early model 1800s have 3 pin turn signal modules.

Early model 1800s have 3 pin turn signal modules. Later model 1800s have 9 pin modules. The bikes are wired different. The best info that I have indicates that these early models have the 3 pin modules.

02-04 1800C
02-03 1800R/S

The rest of the 1800s should have 9 pin modules.

Geezer

#7 ·
There are also the Kisan modules, which do self-canceling, as well as hazard flashers.

#10 ·
Thanks for the prop's guys :cheers:

Yes to be legal the rear turn signals would need to illuminate red in color when running a run,turn,brake setup.

True plug and play is really hard depending on how the bike is wired from the factory. All of my turnsignal controllers are plug and play (no cutting wires, crimping, or splicing... The bikes with the 9 pin turn signal relay is my easiest unit to install. 3 quick connectors, 2 ground wires that attach to a bolt near by and a tap into your brake light wire. The early bikes is more time consuming to install due to how its wired and you have to run wires up into the headlight bucket.

For the record 1800's are wired 3 different ways...

02-03 R,S 02-04C
04-up R,S,N 05 -up F
05-up C's as long as it doesn't have the digital dash :rolleyes:

#11 ·
HHhmmm, I was thinkin' Kisan myself, until Scooter Geezer said they were not that reliable.

So, X'n, what does yours do, and how much $$$? I know yours will be reliable, because you are here, on the Cafe'.

#12 ·
FYI I've been using my controller for 2 years now with zero problems.

Our unit replaces your stock turn signal flasher and has the following features.

Fits in the factory turn signal relay mount on the bikes with the 9 pin turn signal relay.
I doubt you could do that with a Kissan

Auto canceling feature: Shuts the turn signal off after 11 seconds of flashing regardless of your turn signal switch position!

Constant Flash rate: The built in flasher is not load dependent like factory turn signal relays. So you never have to worry about the flash rate changing!

LED or Halogen Bulb Capable: With our unit you can mix or match any combination of LED or standard bulbs!

Built in Load Equalizer: You will never need to add load equalizers to or units!

*Emergency 4-way flasher: The 4 way flasher is great for parade use or when stopped on the side of the road. (due to how the stock turn signal switch is made it can be difficult to activate, but it is possible)

Front Running lights: Our unit allows you to use single element bulbs or single circuit bulbs with out adding additional components. Along with turn signal functions!

Rear run, turn, and brake function: Our controller converts your rear turn signals into a running light, brake light, and turn signal.

Simple Plug and Play installation: No wire connectors to crimp! No wires to cut! All of our controllers are pre-wired with OEM quality connectors to make your installation a Snap!

What our unit doesn't do! Can you say KissanYou may ask yourself why we would list something our unit does not do but we feel its important because other controllers on the market has problems that our unit does not.

Your turn signal dash indicator lights will not glow.
Your front running lights will not flash when you apply the brake.

$145.00 each + $5.00 shipping

#13 ·
Geez. With that kinda of functionality, I think after the first of the year, I may have to install one of your units! Kisan sounds like they are needing to learn a thing or two from you.

#15 ·
X'N, if I read correctly on your site, the indicator lights will not show. Is this correct and are the 4 way flashers "exempt" from the cut off after 11 seconds? I'm still planning on ordering eventually.

#16 ·
The indicator lights work as you would expect them to, operating when the turn signal flashes.

Correct on the 4 way's they will flash forever if you don't turn them off.

FYI some have asked. Yes I make these for 1300's also :cheers:

While useful, its not something that would be worth $150 to me..

-Gonz
I can understand and respect that. Unfortunately my materials cost so much it dictates my price. I'd love to get to a lower price point and that may happen as my biz grows. Just so you know I'm just a normal guy with an idea trying to get something off the ground. If I paid my self minimum wage when building these units I would be loosing money after you figure in my matreial, tooling, and associated costs. What little money is made goes into product development and testing. I have some ideas that fill gaps that no one has addressed. When I can get the funds to get some ideas off the ground you may see them early next year. :cheers:

#19 ·
Bass dude,

It's just like tools. You can spend thousands of dollars on table saw or $49.99 after a 20% coupon off at a china junk tool store. Most of the time you'll love the quality and performance the expensive tool gives you and forget how much you spent other then it was expensive. while most times after buying cheap anything you'll remember how much $ you spent on that piece of junk thinking you would have been money ahead if you had just saved a little longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.