Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80 plus

Votes: 1 0.3%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Thumper
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody have any idea what the average age of a VTX rider is? Just wondering if most are like me, over the hill and tried of working on Harelys, or younger whipper snappers in their prime. Just curious. So what age group are you in?

BTW, I'm 63 going on 90.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Retired but no way over the hill :hmm2:.Gave up on the oil slinging,HD years ago.

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
i voted, because i used to own an X, but have since went back to the brand i prefer cause i simply wasn't satisfied with the X....

·
Registered
119 Posts
so, are we voting on what we think the average age is or on our personal age group?

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I'll be 52 in august. Seems like I would have learned more by now.

·
Thumper
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Retired but no way over the hill :hmm2:.Gave up on the oil slinging,HD years ago.
I here ya on the Hardly. I gave mine up 20 years ago. Couldn't get it home from the shop one time. Traded it in on a BMW. Spent the next 10 on a that. Decided then I'd never be on a chain or belt driven bike again. Took 10 years off from riding and just recently started again on 1300 X. Had some issues with it but I think that's all in the past now. Previoius owner was a real dumb shit with the bike. Got it for a decent enough price so now I have what HD wish they had.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Sorry Larry, I may be sixty, but I am definitely not over the hill, just starting at the bottom.
:choppersm

·
Registered
223 Posts
so i'm the only 19 year old on this site??? well... i guess out of the people who voted.
i feel like a little boy. hahaha!

·
Thumper
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good attitude Henk. I definitely don't feel over the hill when I'm riding either. It's just when I get off and have to get in a cage that I begin to feel my years. Just think what we've seen in our lifetime. It amazes me.

You are definitely of the younger set AJ. But if you keep your wits about you, you see 60 in no time. Ride safe kiddo.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i act like i'm the oldest regular rider on this forum. Last year when i was 71 i put about 6,000 miles on my new to me vtx. Ive put another 1500 miles this year, and i sure dont feel my age when im riding. Of course when i get off, i have to stand still for a second to make sure my ankles or knees havent seized up on me. It's all good, i hope to ride at least until i'm 80. we shall see. Bry :cheers:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Its no surprise that a lot of us are in the middle,it is the time when a guy starts to slow down a bit and get to enjoy the fruits of their labors,be it family or work or outside interests.Or it could be a lot of midlife crisis issues..LOL..:)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
retirement sure helps make riding easier, every day is a saturday and every night is friday night, at least that's what it feels like. Rainy Saturday or Sunday? No problem, Monday and Tuesday are looking awesome. :) Ive been retired 2 years now, and i'm a lil bit mad i didnt buy a bike 2 years ago, i cheated myself out of a year. :(

·
Registered
912 Posts
Riding for 40+ years,retired 8 years ago headed west had to get away from the 7-8 month riding time back east to 12 month riding time.
Dont know how i ever gave up that riding time when i lived back east.:hmm2:

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
I don't think it is so much a VTX thing as it is a Cruiser thing.

Get into your mid-late 30's and 40's you're pretty much done with the whole Crotch-Rocket-Speed thing.. You're after comfort... Well, at least I am...

-Gonz

1 - 20 of 73 Posts