Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the bike back together for the most part. I am still waiting on the right rear turn signal, and I need to get the chrome tip for the muffler from Big jojo and install it along with the rest of the chrome skins from the mufflers.
While I had the bike apart I went ahead and cut the mufflers in half length wise and gutted them completely (I had done the KIWI mod already). I had a couple of S&S torpedo mufflers laying around, so I cut them open and took the baffles out. Welded the baffles into the mufflers, and welded them back together.
I figured it was a shot in the dark but what the hell. I love the way it sounds now, very deep rumble.
I'm also doing away with the whole tag mount and light setup, so the tail end will look a little cleaner.
All in all I'm just happy to have it back on the road again.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
nice going, Jstar. Glad you are just about back on the road. How about a sound clip of your mufflers, can you do that? I am still searching for the deep rumbling sound. :mosh:
Bry

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pics?!?!...:hmm2:

Seriously though, good to hear you got her back into rolling condition again!!..:mosh:
I figured you would say that. Not much to take pics of right now, just looks like an R with a missing signal and black painted mufflers.

nice going, Jstar. Glad you are just about back on the road. How about a sound clip of your mufflers, can you do that? I am still searching for the deep rumbling sound. :mosh:
Bry
I tried to do one, but the sound came out really crappy. I will try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Hey, glad to hear you are rolling again. I know you had issues with the persons insurance co. By any chance did anyone suggest or did you contact Florida's insurance commisoner(sp) they should be able to help you.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
do you have a light coming to ya? I had said that I thought I had one and that I would look for it but I totaly forgot... sorry. Let me know if you need me to find it for ya.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you are back on 2 wheels again John, Can't wait to see pics of what you do to the rear of it, I really like them when they are all cleaned up back there :cheers:
Thanks Angel. I think I will leave her naked for a while.

do you have a light coming to ya? I had said that I thought I had one and that I would look for it but I totaly forgot... sorry. Let me know if you need me to find it for ya.
Yeah I have one coming from HDL, thanks anyway.

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Glad you're back rolling buddy.

I heard the bike over the phone and it sounded like a mean beast. I may have to take the ride up there tomorrow to hear it in person.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shaved & filled R fenders look great IMO. You'll be glad you did it. :patriot:

Yea, they look sooooo sweet.

Glad you're back rolling buddy.

I heard the bike over the phone and it sounded like a mean beast. I may have to take the ride up there tomorrow to hear it in person.
Come on your welcome anytime.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad to hear that you are back.
Is that a Stock turn signal that you a waiting for? If so I have a couple extra if you PM me your address and I will get it in the mail today.
Thanks for the offer Marty.
I have some other things to finish up on the bike, so I'm not in a big hurry for it. Should be here in a few days anyway.
Thanks again.

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
The bike looks and sounds great. I think this exhaust should be deemed the "jstar mod". The sound is really deep...really a noticable difference. It reminded me of Flowmaster exhaust on a V8.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts