Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

So I bought a beautiful VTX 1300C 2006 with 5K on it six months ago for too low and I have been loving it. The rider bought it for his wife, rechromed it, custom painted it (he's a body shop guy,) and it was a bad choice for her first bike, (new rider, 5'0" 100lbs, literally no riding experience).

Anyway, it came with a Kuryakyn "Hyper R" charger on it. At first, I accepted this piece of voodoo engineering since all of my cruiser friends love how it looks and the bike as a whole was a great buy. After learning more and more about these things, and looking at air flow charts, I really don't want anything with a butterfly valves in passive air flow systems.

I have a question - if I want to just revert back to stock - what do I get from this chart? - http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2006-honda-vtx1300-vtx1300c-air-cleaner/o/m2925sch411716

Also, if anyone wants to recommend another aftermarket kit, be my guest! Just tell me the best thing for a simple air cleaner and I'll buy it.

Thanks in advance!

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
...it came with a Kuryakyn "Hyper R" charger on it. At first, I accepted this piece of voodoo engineering since all of my cruiser friends love how it looks and the bike as a whole was a great buy. After learning more and more about these things, and looking at air flow charts, I really don't want anything with a butterfly valves in passive air flow systems.

I have a question - if I want to just revert back to stock - what do I get from this chart? - http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2006-honda-vtx1300-vtx1300c-air-cleaner/o/m2925sch411716...
Hi Rochelle, welcome to the Café! To go back to stock, you'll need everything but the crankcase breather hose, presuming it's still there (I have no experience with a Kury hyper-charger and where the CBH is terminated). But, presuming it's been re-jetted accordingly, you'd have to re-jet for the stock airflow. Many recommend the Factory Pro Stage 3 jet kit and I found it easy to tune with. You could do a Scoops mod, and then you could (step-wise) tune the airflow to meet the fuel delivery of the jets and needle that you currently have, or still get a FP3 jet kit to make things easy. If you really want to go stock, then you would need a 200 or 210 FP main (195 was OEM stock on my '07 R) and run a K&N air filter (HA-1330). As I think was stated earlier, which pipes and related back-pressure you have do matter somewhat to how you tune the carb...

:patriot:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts