Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gmorning. Rode bike last night 29-30 miles with no problems and then this morn it backfires and has no power. All sparks are sparking and new 91 petro, which I always run. I did install an I line filter months ago...sorry, not a mech..tia!

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,119 Posts
Probably a vacuum line came off or cracked for a problem to happen that suddenly

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
I recommend ditching the 91 octane fuel. The VTX bikes are designed to run on normal low octane fuel and the higher octane provide no additional benefit in power. All the higher octane does is increase the autoignition temperature of the fuel making it less likely to undergo premature compression induced ignition in a high compression engine. The VTX line uses low compression engines so there is no need for higher octane.

The higher octane fuel will cause you go faster because the weight on the bike is reduced because you have a lighter wallet after spending more on fuel but this is a pretty minor effect :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you aren't going to pay professional's to check it for you, better learn or find a buddy that's willing to hunt it down for you. Basic 101 trouble shooting is a lot of fun if you have the aptitudes, tons of videos out there, if not hire a pro with a good rep. so you don't waste time and money or do dangerous things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts