Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:spank:

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
LOL...
I know here in Michigan you can go for a ride on a nice warm afternoon, come home and park the bike for the night then... when you come out in the morning you could find that. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang, i wonder if that is Bg Pete's 1800 that got caught?
Nope....Wire spoke front wheel, and no brake rotor on the right side front wheel...Not a VTX at all....
Bill, damn, you're way too technical...lol. I had to go back and look twice. But no, it's not mine in either case. I'm not winterized, yet. But have too pretty darn soon. Figure maybe this weekend if I can thaw out long enough to do mine and the wife's. Getting tired of scraping the car every morning.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I'm wondering if proper tuning would let the X start without the choke if left out like that. Might need a little of enrichment for that cold of a start.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
There is a fellow who keeps his bike outside in the middle of his back yard all the time. I have seen it covered in ice more than once. I thought he never rode it, it was always sitting there when I went by. So I stopped 1 day to see if he would sell it. I thought I might get a good deal. He said it wasn't for sale because he rides it too much. Then he said he worked on 3rd shift and rode it almost daily when the roads weren't frozen over. Which is not often here. He claimed he has never had a problem getting it to crank.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang, i wonder if that is Bg Pete's 1800 that got caught?
You know, when you super enlarge that pic, the pipes do look like the stock X pipes. But the air intake looks oval like a Harley. If it is a HD, it ain't going nowhere until a thaw. :stirpot:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm wondering if proper tuning would let the X start without the choke if left out like that. Might need a little of enrichment for that cold of a start.
Choke?.....I don't understand. :stirpot:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts