Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
I can only relay what some others have said who had them. I think the consensus is they aren't too good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I order the Viking bag in January... got them put on in March... enjoying them now... very well made and sturdy... Had boss leather bags, wanted hard bags... very roomy and weatherproof...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I order the Viking bag in January... got them put on in March... enjoying them now... very well made and sturdy... Had boss leather bags, wanted hard bags... very roomy and weatherproof...
Sweet. Csnt wait for mine to get here

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
Well, what do I know. Enjoy.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,132 Posts
They got a bad rap years ago for poor customer service. I had a set of leather bags for a couple of years untill I upgraded to Tsukayu

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a set of Viking bags. Just got them today so I can’t speak on the bags yet. Update to there customer service, I had a really good experience with them on live chat. I bought the bags and 2 days later they went on sale. I messaged them and asked if they could adjust the price and they did with no issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't expect the same customer service from Viking Cycles. Horrible experience with them. Took 3 weeks for them to ship my product out and the same amount of time to respond to any correspondence. Products are excellent from both companies, just beware.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a set of Viking bags. Just got them today so I can’t speak on the bags yet. Update to there customer service, I had a really good experience with them on live chat. I bought the bags and 2 days later they went on sale. I messaged them and asked if they could adjust the price and they did with no issues.
Update: For me customer service was good. Installing the bags as a throw over didn’t work at all they seamed to sit too high and was a pain cause the Velcro is really strong. I hard mounted them the brackets they sent wouldn’t fit in back mounting bolt spot. I had to modify the hole to fit. I didn’t really like having to drill holes in the bag to mount it but I guess that makes it more water tight if you’re using it as a toss over. They run on the small side I bought the large bags and my half helmet will not fit in the bag without forcing it in. The bags do look really nice and they secure extremely well!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I had a set years ago and the lids became very wavy. They also started to peel back in areas. I tossed them in the trash.

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
And those couple examples are similar to past owners' experiences with Viking. I didn't recall details but they have made the case for my initial statement in this thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts