Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

BAK = Baron's Big Air Kit: Installation Help

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Charlie D 
#1 · (Edited)
Is there a trick to installing the cover on the newer BAK? I can get the bottom bolt threaded, but the center one is crazy hard to get started. Then assuming I finally get them both started, is there a preferred tool to screw them down with? I'm doing a rejet and adding the BAK, but can't believe that I'm not just missing something obvious to make the installation easier. :banghead:

Charlie pointed out that I have a new model that doesn't have any visible screws. Guess the old model had surface screws that weren't such a challenge to access.

#2 ·
If it was like my BAK that I installed 2.5 years ago, it had button head screws in the kit. The middle one is hard to get to because there is not a lot of room behind the backplate to get your hand in there. Some use a flexible extender to approach it from the other side of the bike. I just replaced the middle button head screw with a hex head screw and use an offset wrench to get it on and off. I find it much easier that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.