Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry it took so long for me to put a date on this but things have been a little screwy here at work. But let's go ahead and plan on making our fall M&G at Mt Cheaha for Saturday Oct. 28th. I'll be riding down from Scottsboro so if there is anyone near me be it North Alabama. SE Tennessee or NW GA that wanna make the ride with me be sure and post up and let me know. Everyone else that's planning on coming be sure to post up too.
Some of you will go on up to the lodge but some of you might wanna meet up down at the Pak A Sak at the intersection of US hwy 78 and hwy 9 and ride up the mountain as a group. Either way lets all try and be at the restaurant no later than 1 pm.

Any questions just hit me up here. See everyone then.

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
I'll be there hawk. I'm guessing you've posted this on the site who's name shall not be mentioned?:coffeecup:

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a bump for this.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Grand daughter's birthday that day, so it looks like we will be missing this one.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just discovered a major problem and may not be able to attend. Looks like I've got a head gasket leaking. Just noticed it so I'm pretty sure it blew either Saturday or on the ride to work this morning. Debating now on whether to try and tackle it myself or put it in a shop someplace. Either way it will have to be fixed before any more riding takes place.
Right now it's a pretty small leak, no noticeable loss or compression or anything like that but there is oil coming from the seal between the head and the jug on the rear cylinder.

·
my toes, my line
4,095 Posts
I've just discovered a major problem and may not be able to attend. Looks like I've got a head gasket leaking. Just noticed it so I'm pretty sure it blew either Saturday or on the ride to work this morning. Debating now on whether to try and tackle it myself or put it in a shop someplace. Either way it will have to be fixed before any more riding takes place.
Right now it's a pretty small leak, no noticeable loss or compression or anything like that but there is oil coming from the seal between the head and the jug on the rear cylinder.
Done anything with the valves recently? I might be a missing o-ring causing oil to leak downward.

Wishing you good fortune.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Done anything with the valves recently? I might be a missing o-ring causing oil to leak downward.

Wishing you good fortune.
No I haven't adjusted the valves since about 8000 miles ago. I was planning on doing that this weekend.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually it's not around the pipes where the leak is. I got the bike home this evening and had a closer look. Seems the leak originated from around the spark plug on the left rear cylinder. I took the plug out cleaned up the oil and replaced it. Cranked it up and let it idle for about five minutes and didn't see any oil leaking from around the plug. I'll ride it to work in the morning and see if the leak occurs again. Otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it leaked in the first place. Any thoughts?

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
I leak from the rear plug too.... but it's usually on Sat. nights after a few drinks.:icon_yike:icon_susp:icon_mrhappy:

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I leak from the rear plug too.... but it's usually on Sat. nights after a few drinks.:icon_yike:icon_susp:icon_mrhappy:
Probably time for a new plug. Sounds like you've worn out the old one.

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far so good, no leak. No idea what happened when it did leak but It hasn't leaked any more.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
That's pretty weird. I don't think I've ever heard of it leaking around the plug before. How's the bike doing now?

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's fine no leak anywhere that I can find.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a bump for this.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just another bump for this. Still plenty of time to make your plans to attend.

·
my toes, my line
4,095 Posts
Just another bump for this. Still plenty of time to make your plans to attend.
Wish I could make it - been forever and a day since I was in Bama.

Y'all have a good time. Maybe catch ya next year or so.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts