Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I spent the day there yesterday and had a great time. The bikes were incredible, the vintage racing even better, and the airshow even better. The swap meet had several hundred booths with just about everything you could imagine. Did not get to see the museum but will on our next trip

What would you think of having a VTX meet and greet there next year so more of our fellow bikers can enjoy the fun? Birmingham is in a good location that is easily reachable from just about anywhere in the South East. I would think we could get a location where we could gather up before enjoying all the festivities. Maybe even ride in the parade lap around the course as a group.

check out their website: http://www.barbermotorsports.com/general/index.php

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We live a little over two hours from there and did not even know the place existed. Hopefully there will be enough interest in a VTX get together to move this project forward.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Count me in on a VTX get together- ride out to barbers.
I took my 15 yr old son out there on Sat. on the back of my bike.
We spent over 1 hour just checking out the bikes in the parking lot before heading into the museum.
Must be the largest collection of motorcycles on earth in one place.
We both agreed the 2 Honda Runes they have were our favorites.

Didn't see one VTX in the museum or parking lot- It was kind of cool being the only one there at the time.- did see one at the gas station down the road- a 1300.

The Harley Dealer behind the car dealer I worked at was having a Breast Cancer Poker run and we passed up several large groups of bikes on the way out to Barbers with lots of pink worn by women and men.
A couple guys who were at work Sat said there had to be 600 bikes over there at HD.:choppersm

·
Registered
93 Posts
I spent the weekend there and loved it all! Didn't go to the museum either, too many classics riding around to gawk at. Man that swap meet was huge! I plan to go next year so if you want to have a VTX meet and greet some on by and visit me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts