21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yuasa for the 1300's are $69.05 on Amazon.com with Free Shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/YUASA-YTX14-BS-Maintenance-Free-Battery/dp/B000WJX4BQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1320038508&sr=1-3

And yes, even tho the name doesn't look like it, it is American Made.. and is the best on the market, in my opinion.

Spend the extra $20 on a Yuasa... you wont be disappointed.

-Gonz
Damn...thats a great price. Wish I had caught it earlier. Already bought and paid for my replacement Yuasa and paid more than that price.:banghead: Oh well.

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Damn...thats a great price. Wish I had caught it earlier. Already bought and paid for my replacement Yuasa and paid more than that price.:banghead: Oh well.

Whenever you're shopping for something like that, Google it and click "Shopping" to the left.

When its motorcycle-specific, check Amazon.com and Denniskirk.com. Dennis Kirk always had the best prices on tires. Currently, he has $210 for Dunlop D404's and $290 for Metz's. Shipped. (VTX 1300R Prices.)

-Gonz

·
Whatever...
706 Posts
The battery in my '05 1300s is showing signs of weakness. The starter almost stalls on the compression stroke. I bought the bike in January of 2015, and have no idea of how old the battery is, but it is at least 5 years old. It owes me nothing.

Any reccomend battery model numbers? I do not want to use an AGM (Odessy/Optima) battery.

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
As stated in the #21 post at the top of this page by Gonzo1970 you still can't beat the Yuasa battery in the VTX (although, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you are not going to find it for the $69.05 that he paid back in 2011), but the Yuasa YTX-14-BS is still going to be hard to beat!!!!!

·
Whatever...
706 Posts
Thanks Sparky! I found this battery; Yuasa YTX14-BS YUAM3RH4S
(the same battery?) from Amazon for $63.50 with my Amazon business account!

However, before ordering I decided to look at the connections. They were corroded. I cleaned the terminals and the cables with some emory cloth, and sprayed terminal protectorant on, and she started right up!... I'll hold off - at least until I return to the bike in January.

·
Registered
2007 1300C
457 Posts
Thanks Sparky! I found this battery; Yuasa YTX14-BS YUAM3RH4S
(the same battery?) from Amazon for $63.50 with my Amazon business account!

However, before ordering I decided to look at the connections. They were corroded. I cleaned the terminals and the cables with some emory cloth, and sprayed terminal protectorant on, and she started right up!... I'll hold off - at least until I return to the bike in January.
Yuasa YUAM6RH4H YTX14H-BS Battery , has 240CCA and spins motor over a little faster for quicker cranks. Same size battery, just a little more OOOMPH! It's what I run in mine

·
Registered
16,353 Posts
I'm repeating this for the umpteenth time, but for newbies- I bought my 2003 1800 C with 5400 miles in 2011. 8 years old on the original batt. The PO always had it on a battery tender when not riding, which was often since he developed diabetic complications with his legs before selling to me. First thing I did was buy a battery tender Jr. like he had. I rode it for another 3-1/2 years before buying a Bike Master (p.o.s) and it worked for maybe 8 weeks? Went back to a OEM Yuasa and haven't looked back. If you don't want to take the sage advice of most of us here, and buy something other than Yuasa just to save a couple bucks, good for you. Don't come crying here when it lets you down!

·
Registered
16,353 Posts
You usually get what you paid for it. Including this advice.

·
Whatever...
706 Posts
After 5+ years in Florida, the battery that came with my 2005 VTX1300s just went tits up. I have no idea how old the battery actually is. I ordered a new Yuasa YTX14-BS from Amazon. The price is now down to <$65 with shipping!

I also ordered a new air filter, because I have seen that the K&N filters do a piss-poor job at actually filtering the air going into the combustion chamber.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts