Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big dilemma here. I bought a Memphis shades batwing with a 12inch ruby red to clear windshield. Although it was a great buy and looks great on my 02 1800r, I'm in serious debate over either keeping it or going with some 18inch apes or just going with a short shield and some drag bars with maybe a 6inch rise and same inch pullback. I like the shield for it's wind protection since I ride year around, (in Texas we can do that) but I like the wild look of the apes to match the rowdiness of my bike with the hk 3inch straits with no baffles......... Hmmm decisions decisions.

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
Go with what you like, I am not a huge fan of fairings on the X's...But hey to each their own...give both a try and see which you like better, I myself don't see a fairing fitting into a "rowdy" look much...but hey ya never know...try the apes and if you like it sell the fairing, if you don't, sell the Monkey bars :bleh:...either way Good Luck :cheers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm probably leaning towards the apes to go along with my future plans of lowering it a few inches and a boatload of chrome, custom solo seat and maybe a fat tire kit. Or..... Of course my wife has two cents to add and suggest the fairing for winter and apes for summer. You know how women have to be fashionable about everything.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just a thought ... near christmas & all , you just slide that ugly sissyfied BATWING my way ...cause i'm more that laid back sort...try'n hard not to look rowdy, hang'n in the back of the crowd...first out of the lot, sooo, post if it's hurt'n to keep it....:mosh:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
And if you go with the apes and decide it's not for you, I'll be glad to take them bars off your hands. Either way you go, enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That batwing survived the 125mph test at 430 this morning on the way to work. I'm still I debate. I'll do some shopping online tonight when I get home and see how much I can get some apes and longer cables for and whatever else I may need if anything...... Oh yea..... Side covers since I lost the right one the other day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts