Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left out Thursday the 9th around 10 am and came back on Sunday. About 800 miles round trip.

Didn't take many pics along the way but here's a couple.

This is the Coosa river near Talladega AL on Hwy 77

Stopped in Wetumpka AL for something to eat. Saw a bunch of cars at this place so I figured it must be good...it was.

Hwy 31 South somewhere in Butler county AL south of Montgomery

Arrived about 6pm that evening

Covered up the bike and sat here for two days

The fam was there waiting on me. Cameron brought his friend JD. They had a great time. Jd on the right , Cameron on the left

Sharon only let me take one picture of her and she deleted that one!!

Anyway,Sunday morning and I'm headed back home. The others stayed another day. I had to get back to work.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Good looking family Wayne, and nice pictures too. I love to see kids at the beach, and i still swim in the ocean a lot. Only thing the ocean water up North is soo cold it causes some serious shrinkage. :eek: What the heck, its a small price to pay. I have a beach about ten miles away that is good for surfing too. I cant surf anymore, too old and knees too messed up, but i can at least enjoy watching. Hope you had a really good time and it looks like you did. Later, Bry

·
2,807 Posts
nice time wayne, we all need more of those weekends.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Nice ride & great time! Thanks for the pics. :D

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
nice pics, nice fam. hope this made your fathers day. i live within 15 miles of the beach, and personally, never go there! one of these day i'll take one of those vacations...:D :choppersm

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Thanks for sharing your pics with us Wayne, I really enjoyed. Wishing you well.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Looks like good times.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
This is my favorite pic...only think missing is me in it...:banghead:

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replies guys. I needed a couple of days off and it had been awhile since I had been down there to the ******* Riviera. That was a pretty long haul for me too so I was pretty proud of myself. Hopefully soon I'll take some longer trips. 400 miles in a day was actually pretty easy considering I wasn't really under any time constraints. I just wanted to be down there before dark. Took my time and enjoyed the ride.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I too like the beach chair...that's how I like to do it on the outer banks.
Yeah I was really surprised how well that one came out. As you can see I did the "towel mod" as seen in the pic. ;)

·
Registered
954 Posts
It's good to take a break once in a while. It looked like you all had a good time. thanks for the pics.:cheers:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Beach and pictures

I'm jealous. I relly like the river shots. I love boating and the river looks so inviting.

When you want to be bored come north and I'll show you around. Nothing like your part of the country.

Badjuan

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
Love the chair pics and the travelogue heading out there. I know what you mean about your wife and photos. I take tons of them of her...mostly candid...just to find one or two she'll let me "share."

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Looks like you had a great time. I hate that I wasn't in town to tag along for a while. When you got the Eastern Blvd in Montgomery, you were literally a mile from my house. What did you think of Smokin S? They are a BBQ place but they have amazing burgers. You were lucky enough to catch them on a day that they were open. The economy hit them pretty hard so they are only open a few days out of the week. Again, it looks like a great time was had. Did you see any tar balls? :bleh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts