Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got around to putting in my progressive front springs and all-balls steer bearings. I wanted to offer a huge thank you to Donut for all his help on the phone. And to KartRacer10, thank you, with my ideas and your know how and willingness to teach me, my ride will be just the way i want it. You truly are the Best Friend i have ever had, i hope it continues as long as i'm above ground. :cheers: For those of you like me who really aren't mechanically inclined, it really wasn't that hard of a job. Take your time, follow the write ups and it goes pretty smoothly. Of course i wont be able to fully enjoy it til spring, but one look at my old stock bearings after 16.000 miles and i know the ride should be much improved. Once again thank you to anyone who has ever done a write up on the process, I took bits and pieces from a few different ones. Chuck, you are the Man. :mosh:

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is sad, especially when they are forecasting between 1 and 2 feet of snow in the next 48 hours.:(

·
Zoom Zoom...
662 Posts
Glad I could help, and teach you a thing or two. We'll finish the job in the morning (Late Morning). If I can teach a guy with hands the size of lunch boxes to pack bearings and use a little finese once in a while, then I have accomplished alot. Just Remember, be patient, and DON'T OVER TIGHTEN IT!!!!

CY :choppersm

Ride Safe

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Its nice that both of you live in the same city. Did you know each other or ride together before meeting through the cafe??

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea we've known each other since Junior High. We only live about a mile or so from each other and both have a child at Ball State and a child at Goshen High School. But i would definitly say that riding has made our friendship even better

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Hay Hoss37
I'm glad I was of some help. But wait the best part will be when you get to take it for a real ride. But the bad part is going to be the waiting to take that ride. It will ride much better.

Donut/Doug:patriot:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts