Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cafe Founder & VTX lover
9,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Work sucks sometimes.....but I'm glad I have a job.

Some of you who know me will NOT believe this, but I have not washed or moved my bike since the October West Virginia ride.....no kidding. I parked it, my supervisor got a promotion and since then between work, family, the site, etc....and (my son from the Navy is back home after 5 years....lifestyle adjustment for us).

Anyway, I'm hoping within the next 2 weeks we will have a new supervisor and I can get back online at work and have more time off...had to work 15 hours yesterday covering for a supervisor vacancy.

I have my new pipes in and hope to mount them tomorrow...I'll post photos if that happens. Also have a few things I hope to get done at the website and I have 40+ PM's to reply to and I'm not for sure how many emails....lol.

ANYONE READY FOR THE OUTER BANKS RIDE IN 2011?!?!?!?!?

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Sounds to me like you should be the new supervisor. I'm glad to hear your son is home safe, I appreciate him serving for our country. I know you were debating about new pipes, what did you decide on? One of those pm's may be from me asking about business cards since i'm meeting so many X riders in my area and want to recruit them.

Well step back and exhale now bud and enjoy your holidays with your family.

·
Cafe Founder & VTX lover
9,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, new Supervisor goes to night shift...not me. ;) I have no desire to go back to nights. I'll stay as Asst. :D

As for the pipes I got the black pipes but I'm looking for the 3" HK's too, waiting to hear back from a member. I hope I get the black pipes installed in the next 2 days.

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
I hear you on nights, I did it for over a year and it sucked...especially since i'm a morning person and I get up at 4:30am regardless of what time I go to bed.

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
Hey Ray.....sorry to hear about all the extra going on in your life but, I know you know, it's all good stuff (except maybe the extra hours at work) I'd give anything, including my weekends off, to have some extra time at work.

I haven't riden or even started my bike in over a couple of weeks either. I was sick most of the month of November (just after riding to the SC M&G) and I don't ride if I'm sick. I rode Sunday, a couple of weeks ago with 2unwind and Hotwing. Haven't ridden since.

Hope things settle down for you and Bonnie soon. It's all good.

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
I haven't been riding since sometime in November when we went on a crab cake run. The bike is stored up in it's nest/shed with a tender, waiting for warm weather.

You and yours enjoy the Christmas season, and THANK YOU!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hi Ray, good to see you, so to speak, again. I was looking at those same pipes as you if you were looking on ebay. One shop was selling them at great prices, but i held off as i dont know if the black would look as good as the Chrome on my bike (Durango red)
Was your son on any of the Carriers while he was in the Navy? Just wondering outloud, dont mind me. :D I'm still riding, was out Saturday for a few hours, would have rode yesterday and this morning, temperature was 50, but i hate riding in the rain.
Take care, and thanks again for the VTX shirts. They look awesome.
Ride safe, when you get the chance,
Bryanova :coffee:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Hope everything settles down for you Ray; Thank your son for me for his service to our great country.

Quick question, went to order 2 Large LS VTX Cafe T-Shirts the other day and it stated "out of stock" when I went to pay for it however when I sign on to the Cafe, it states all sizes available; when you get a chance, let me know the 411 on the T-shirts;

Merry Christmas to you and your family.:patriot:

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Congrats on your son's return Ray.

Thanks for all you do, hang in there... hopefully we'll both get some time to actually relax soon.

Mort

·
Whatever.
6,179 Posts
I know what you're talking about Ray... We've so busy since my company purchased our "Global HQ" the August before last. Been working 9+ hours a day 5-6 days a week without a vacation day since. I had a week off when I pinched a nerve last year, but I'd hardly call that fun! Anyway, hope things smooth out for you soon.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
the end of the year brings out folks who want to have procedures done because they have already paid their deductable......they dont want to pay anything early in the year.....so they show up and want surgery right now!!!! I've been busy...........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts