Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a very subjective question. I will be repainting my 03 VTX1800c ( most likely over the winter). I am relitively sure I wont be painting it back to black. I would be interested in peoples input. If you could attach pics or a link to pics that would be great. I am looking forward to your input.:hmm2:

·
Registered
966 Posts

I paint soooooo many bikes in the same 4-5 colors it seems, because that's what everyone gravitated towards. IMHO, there are some really awesome custom colors a painter like myself can come up with that you've never seen. However, you need an open mind and you need to be confident with the decision to paint it a unique color. Otherwise there's always black, blue, brandywine/candy apple red, and tangerene :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Wow what more could you ask for!

Now that is what you call service, and you pick the color scheme and then the beauty will be in the eye of the beholder (you).

Personally I like Candy Apple Red w/Flames.

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
I love deep dark blue. Looks black at night, dusk and dawn. Yet is distinctive during the day. The only problem I can see is that no one seems to be able or have any imagination to do any graphics that compliment it. Yellow pin stripe or yellow flame. Nothing that can "compliment" the color...only contrast it...much less something that goes with the flow of the VTX's distinctive tank.

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
My bike is P44P Pearl Chromium Purple. (Illusion Blue.)
If I were ever to have it painted I have already decided it would be one of two that I have already chosen. I don't know names of paint yet. (Maybe BD could enlighten me.) The colors are from two of my old muscle cars that I used to own. My 1971 Firebird which was a non metalic harvest gold color. The other was my mint green 1972 Cutlass. I would definitely go whitewalls with the green.

So 599Ed...those are my opinions on what color you should paint it. ;)

Have fun with your decision making! :cheers:

Ray

·
WTF, Over!
8,353 Posts
Personally, I would tell BD what kinds of colors and patterns I like, and turn him loose with a price ceiling...

·
X Virgin
5,227 Posts
When I was looking for my VTX, I really wanted the "electric" blue color but really, it was "anything but black".

Not that I don't like the look of black bikes, but they are way too common (for me) :stirpot: When I ride with 30 others, at least 2/3 are black and the rest, maroon or blue.

I love the old VTX orange (not made any more) and ended up with the '08 yellow. It wasn't what I was after at first but now I get nothng but positive comments on it. And it sure stands out in a crowd!

Good luck on your choice, it a subjective thing, especially with a custom graphics job. I just would keep resale in mind if you're thinking over the top.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I do not like dark colors. Too hard to keep clean and to cover any scratches or nicks.

I like red marble with ghost flames under the top color.

It's your choice and you are the only one to please.

Give Brian a call and give him some ideas as what you are looking for and set back see what he does. You will not be disappointed.

dd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts