Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy but not sure which to buy. Both their sites are kind of awful as far as info goes but these seem to be the top 2 I've found. Any choices and why?
I don't want ABS plastic like Memphis Shades so they're out. Any other brand besides these 2 worth looking at?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
1,120 Posts
If you want all ready to go with double DIN, the only choice is Tsukayu. That's why I went with them. I didn't get paint matched, but apparently they are amazing at it (probably because they have no paint regulations there).

I would buy it again. I upgraded the amp and speakers.

I had the GPS antenna go out, they sent me a new one, I was testing here, but here is a picture of the screen on the older model headunits. (I added those indicators):

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
18,247 Posts
No dog in this hunt, but wasn't there a brand some on here used, called U.S.Trailer? Or something like that?

·
Super Moderator
12,178 Posts
Please pardon my ignorance of painting. Why does a lack of painting regulations make it easier for a company to match a paint color?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Please pardon my ignorance of painting. Why does a lack of painting regulations make it easier for a company to match a paint color?
From my understanding, the paint we have here is diluted because of regulations (or water based), so when pained in China (without regulations) the mixed colors are more accurate and durable. But I am not a painter, so I'm probably wrong. I just know that some of my painter friends, paint their bike parts at home, because they can't use the more durable paints at their shops without getting risking getting into a lot of trouble.

EDIT: I think because shops have add more layers to get the same thickness, it is more difficult to match the paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want all ready to go with double DIN, the only choice is Tsukayu. That's why I went with them. I didn't get paint matched, but apparently they are amazing at it (probably because they have no paint regulations there).

I would buy it again. I upgraded the amp and speakers.

I had the GPS antenna go out, they sent me a new one, I was testing here, but here is a picture of the screen on the older model headunits. (I added those indicators):
Thanks for the info and the great photos! I wish their site was as informative.

·
FREEBIRD
8,340 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Is one way better than the other?
Yes, triple tree is better than forks. Tsukayu mounts to the triple tree (if you tell them you have "covered forks"). It bolts to the bottom of the upper triple tree and the top of the bottom triple tree. It also has angle adjustment. I had to adjust mine because the GPS unit weatherproof door was making contact with my risers. Another big thing to consider...

I ordered mine with their free shield, and once I had my seat (Ultimate Big Boy) I ordered a LongRideSheild curved shied to the right height (below my eyes, but above the bottom of my nose).

Reactions: PaXman11 and Wigit

·
FREEBIRD
8,340 Posts
I guess it's personal preference, but I think the general consensus is that the triple tree mount is much sturdier. The fork mount includes hose clamps, which many guys don't like. I never mounted a fairing to my X, so I really have no experience other than what I've read and seen.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have Tsukayu and I love it. I have had some electrical issues lately though with the Bluetooth sound system.
I ended up disconnecting everything as my battery was draining while the bike was parked.
Listening to music while riding is a rare pleasure.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,356 Posts
I have Tsukayu and I love it. I have had some electrical issues lately though with the Bluetooth sound system.
I ended up disconnecting everything as my battery was draining while the bike was parked.
Listening to music while riding is a rare pleasure.
You should run everything through a switched relay so your stereo only has power when the key is on. There is usually a yellow wire that connects to the battery and it powers the memory (station presets) and clock settings which takes minimal power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts