Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I purchased an 07 vtx 1300. Wondering what is the best oil and coolant to put in it? Not getting very straight answers over google on weight or whether it should be synthetic or convention

·
Registered
62 Posts
Go to a honda car dealer and buy a gallon of the honda oem coolant. its blue now. Motorcycle shops sell the same thing in quart size at double the price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use honda coolant and oil 10/40 conventional cause if rather change it more often than not. But really on brands what ever you like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to a honda car dealer and buy a gallon of the honda oem coolant. its blue now. Motorcycle shops sell the same thing in quart size at double the price.
Thanks I just don't want to be out of riding because I don't have coolant if I need to top up

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Make sure the coolant is silicate free and make sure the oil is NOT "energy conserving" type. Beyond these two recommendations, you get into personal opinions. My personal opinion is to use full synthetic Amsoil 10W-40 motorcycle oil. for coolant, I generally used a generic/house brand from Meijers that is silicate free or another low cost brand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright thanks. Ill make sure its silicate free. Been told that's what I need.
Thanks very much!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts