Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see the X riders of central FL meet up every other month or so for some nice rides as a whole group. It would be cool if each time we did a meet up guys from a certain area planned a ride in their area to show the guys from out of town their best routes. I would like to start with January since our good friend Arkin n Sparkin will be relocating back to Texas in early February and it would be his final ride with us.:spank:

Just an idea, interested in hearing opinions

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Sounds good Joe, We definitely need to get together before Joey leaves.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll ride anytime anyone wants to. I'm back in Ohio freezing my A$$ off till Janurary 9th but if anyone is interested in riding when i get back let me know.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I dont know who all is from tampa but there are some good routes around racetrack road in tampa area. dont know how many bikes it can handle due to 12 lane and all the curves, but its fun to run on. But i am definitely down for rides once a month.

Now i ride with a bunch of crotch rockets since thats what all my friends ride, im gonna grind off my pegs trying to corner with em...

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good Joe, We definitely need to get together before Joey leaves.
We will definitely do that. Got any ideas of where? When I talked to Joey last night, he was down for another Sleepy Hollow run.

I'll ride anytime anyone wants to. I'm back in Ohio freezing my A$$ off till Janurary 9th but if anyone is interested in riding when i get back let me know.
I was thinking of doing it around 15th of Jan

I dont know who all is from tampa but there are some good routes around racetrack road in tampa area. dont know how many bikes it can handle due to 12 lane and all the curves, but its fun to run on. But i am definitely down for rides once a month.

Now i ride with a bunch of crotch rockets since thats what all my friends ride, im gonna grind off my pegs trying to corner with em...
We have quite a few riders in Tampa. I would like the Jan ride to be away from our area since a lot of folks from out of area will be here for the ride tomorrow and people may be more inclined for another ride if its in a different area...but may be not

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I have really been wanting to ride to Key West. Ride down, spend the night and ride back. Would love to do it on Feb. or March

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
I may join something like that Taz but more around May (perhaps just after classes let out)... There's always that event tomorrow, (that still on right?).

Looking forward to more rides.

Mort

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One nice ride which was suggested by John(Jstar) is the Green Swamp Tour, which is a 77mile ride around the Green Swamp Preserve. It has nice scenery and very little traffic.

Here's another one I found:

North Tampa Circuit:125 miles. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Written directions:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This route starts in Land O Lakes, FL at SR 54 & Collier Pkwy. It winds thru the county of north Tampa almost up to Brooksville, east to Trilby, south to Dade City & Zephyrhills and back west to Land O Lakes.[/FONT]

And this would be a nice trip but it would be a long day for us west coasters

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/SouthEast/FL/FL_12.shtml

And then there's always the Sleepy Hollow run...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I may join something like that Taz but more around May (perhaps just after classes let out)... There's always that event tomorrow, (that still on right?).

Looking forward to more rides.

Mort
A trip to the keys sounds good. How about a 3 day trip? I think I can get us a good rate on Marathon ($75). Ride to Marathon. Spend a day riding the keys. Come home the next day.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
A trip to the keys sounds good. How about a 3 day trip? I think I can get us a good rate on Marathon ($75). Ride to Marathon. Spend a day riding the keys. Come home the next day.
Sounds like a real vacation :)

I'll have to check in schedules to find family that can have our daughter for time enough, I want to bring my lady on a trip like that... time to start shopping seats again! :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You might want to get her some floorboards too. Trust me, she will be much more comfortable. It's a little over 300 miles to Marathon from St Cloud. We could go HiWay or take our time and stay inland. I have done the HiWay route twice, not much fun. Heck, the trip is half the adventure!

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just checked out the pics from the ride in Duck Down's thread but it's saying i'm not "privileged" to post in that thread. Anyway, it's looks like a great turn out with alot of good folks

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Duck Down

Count me in! Taz, put the pictures up on SW FL Riders last night. It was. I have been given the same message when trying to post on different groups.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts