Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chub City Racing
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking these spike air filter set-ups out, and had thought about buying one. I'm no mechanic by any means, on bikes anyway.....Are these more of just a cosmetic item than a performance item, and do they require any adjustments as far as the motor?? If it helps any, I have HK Sideburners, and did have it jetted when they were installed.....Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Its a Small performance gain. In my opinion, nothing worth the cost of admission..

Yes, you will have to have the carb re-adjusted/re-jetted with that intake, and if a dealership intalled your jet kit with the pipes, it probably wont work well with that intake. The kits they install are just Stage 1 kits and really not that great of quality.. You would need a Stage 3 Kit. The best kits out there are made by Factory Pro.

-Gonz

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I was checking these spike air filter set-ups out, and had thought about buying one. I'm no mechanic by any means, on bikes anyway.....Are these more of just a cosmetic item than a performance item, and do they require any adjustments as far as the motor?? If it helps any, I have HK Sideburners, and did have it jetted when they were installed.....Thanks in advance for any help!!
however, i would recommend that your future vtxr get in on the pose thread.

and if you have one with him, that'll make a great double header!!! :coffee::D:choppersm

http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=58524

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
chubcity - if you want to have a good time and meet a bunch of great VTXers you should come to our tech session we are having in August. You will learn a lot there and have a great time.It's not that far from you and there will be a group i know of coming up from the indy area. I know of some that are coming from Wisconsin. This is something that you shouldn't miss.
If you need any help with the FP kit there will be people there to help.
Here is a link to it.
If they jetted it with any other jet kit than Fp - I'd get it out of there.
Also when they jetted it did they give you the extra leftover parts and your old jets.
Most dealers install the DJ - junk. and the Dj are smaller so you went the wrong way.

http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?p=760724#post760724

·
Chub City Racing
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info fellers....Checked my schedule for the Tech Session...sounds like a good time, but I'm on nights that weekend.:mad: As far as what jet kit they used, I'm not sure....He did give me the spare parts back, and I did take it to a "local" mechanic and not a dealership....Looked around for my receipt and can't find it.....Thanks again though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts