Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to this forum and biking in general after 20years away.

This forum has provided me with a ton of information for my bike and riding. While doing research on what aftermarket seat to get I did not find may postings specific to my situation.

Lets start by saying that I am 6'1" 320 pounds and with my wife we are around 470lbs on the bike (you can do the math, she would kill me if I put her weight in this post).

We have a 2006 VTX-1300C. She is a beautiful bike and the factory seat looks sharp. That is all it does because at my size, after 20~30 minutes of riding my tailbone would start burning. After an hour my butt was litterally screaming. As for my wife, the thin narrow stock seat was no joy and she had to get off and walk around after about 30minutes.

Without a doubt the largest recommendation in this forum is for the Ultimate seats. We looked at and sat on Mustang and Corbin seats, I also investigate Saddleman.

We ended up going with the Ultimate "Mid Rider". This seat does not have the "sleek" appearance of the stock seat, however, the Bike looks beefyer (is that a word) and overall we like the look.

The Mid Rider seat will push you closer to the tank but not uncomforatably. The overall thickness has increased and we will probably get risers for the handlebars, but it is not a priority.

I have riden about 80 miles with the new seat, and like everyone else says, it is heaven, especially compared to the stock "C" seat.

Most important, my wife is asking me to take her riding at every oppurtunity.

One last note for the large riders, the factory rear shocks have to be replaced. We have Progressive 412's ordered from ********* and should be here next week.

I hope this helps the big riders investigating seats.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sounds like you've found something that will work for you. We have been considering the ultimate low rider. Good Luck

·
Darkside Pastor & Addict
4,151 Posts
You may want to change out the front springs as well. Then you'll be set suspension wise front to back.

Pdave:patriot:

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We plan on getting the Progressive front springs. However, every place I have been lists them for the R/S models not the C. The only listings I have found for the C were for the lowering springs setup.

I was planning on calling Progressive to see what if any the difference was for the R/S springs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts