Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today was a big day for my bike, she recieved three modifications all at once. I know doing all three is not recommended at once, but I figred I would take my time and do everything that needed to be done.

Seat and Tank removal was a breeze, a small flat top screw driver is perfect for disconnecting the two connetors between the tank (Instruments) and bike.

Removed the pair system at first, and eliminated one of the tees instead of plugging the other small hose with a screw. Jut used the small hose that would of been plugged with a screw to put in place of the tee and two shorter pieces of hose. It really was a breeze, thanks to the guys that have posted so much valuable information.

Next I did the Scar Mod, and again a breeze but I couldnt of done it without all the great info that everyone has posted in here. Thanks to Scar and everyone that asked questions and clairified things.

Next was the Airbox decapitation. Thanks to Bassdude. As you can see in the pic, I didn't take as much off, and I hope that I am still getting adequate air flow. I kept the back and front side of the airbox top in place. Reasoning was that the front may block some turbulance. The back may prevent excess water from making it into the airbox. I made sure to deburr all the edges after the cutting and blew out with compressed air. Installed the new K&N a well.

Then I adjusted the A/F mixture to 2.5 turns out with Glen's tool (But really its Derek's Tool now......after all I did pay him for it).

Couldn't wait to take it off the stand, after the tanks, seats side cover, and a double check was done I fired it right up there. With a twist of the throttle it fired up strong right away......but died when I let off the throttle. Started it up again, adjusted the idle speed up and I could tell right away that it was running much much better than before.

Took it out for a spin, and it goes to 60MPH very very fast now, it sounds better, responds better, and has much more power......I am very happy and it feels like I have a brand new bike now.

Thanks to everyone at the VTX Cafe.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,207 Posts
Sounds like you had a good day with good results and followed all the advice this board has to offer!

·
Registered
238 Posts
:icon_joy:There is nothing like the warm fuzzy you get when you do it yourself!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone that has these bikes should be doing these mods. It only took 4 hours, and that includes test ride and tool clean-up time. Probably about 3 hours of wrench time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts