Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
doubt the North Koreans have enough balls to really fight....they are throwing some sticks out for us and the South Koreans to grab...so far...no take....they are saying that we starting a war by having games with the South ........doubt that will happen...China doesnt want it, neither does anyone else......

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I think Obama will try a show of force and then sweep it all under the carpet when it doesn't come out the way he wants. If we are truely backing the South, we stand a very strong chance of having another war (military action) in Korea. Unfortunately, after WW II the U.S. became "politically correct" and stopped fighting battles to win and starting worrying about "protecting non-combatants" instead of worrying about protecting it's fighting force. I'm not saying kill them all, but if the majority of a city is snipers then said city should be leveled. If you are not there to fight, LEAVE!!!
Sorry, I just hate hearing about Americans dying because we are trying to "safely win a war". Rant over

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Remeber who we are dealing with, the N Koreans may launch nukes and not think about the results. This country has a unstable government. China is an unknown here, the only reason I see for them to not join with Korea is the Trillions they stand to lose that we owe them and losing the biggest buyer of their products. I can see Russia smiling at everyone if this happens, it will move them to the top of the food chain. I view this as a very critical confrontation. I hope it doesn't come to pass.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Unfortunately, after WW II the U.S. became "politically correct" and stopped fighting battles to win and starting worrying about "protecting non-combatants" instead of worrying about protecting it's fighting force.
Totally agree,, nto sure we will ever fight a war again without one arm tied behind our backs.

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
doubt the North Koreans have enough balls to really fight....they are throwing some sticks out for us and the South Koreans to grab...so far...no take....they are saying that we starting a war by having games with the South ........doubt that will happen...China doesnt want it, neither does anyone else......
I wouldn't be so sure about China. Additional distractions of the US would allow them to reclaim Taiwan AND seize the Spratley Islands.

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Ever since the politicians started calling the shots, our track record for winning any kind of confrontation hasn't been too good.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Remeber who we are dealing with, the N Koreans may launch nukes and not think about the results. This country has a unstable government. China is an unknown here, the only reason I see for them to not join with Korea is the Trillions they stand to lose that we owe them and losing the biggest buyer of their products. I can see Russia smiling at everyone if this happens, it will move them to the top of the food chain. I view this as a very critical confrontation. I hope it doesn't come to pass.
I agree with this. Very scary situation.

Ride Safe:choppersm

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I hate to say this, but i think once the politicians abolished the draft the Army and Marines just dont have the manpower to put boots on the ground. In WW 2 the Army numbered over eleven million, Navy was operating almost 7 thousand ships, marines numbered almost 500 thousand. today our army is about one half million active duty, marines under 200 thousand. We just dont have the numbers of fighting men anymore. The politicians are destroying our best young men and women because they dont have the backbone to support them unconditionally. It's an American tragedy.
Bry :patriot:

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
I hate to say this, but i think once the politicians abolished the draft the Army and Marines just dont have the manpower to put boots on the ground. In WW 2 the Army numbered over eleven million, Navy was operating almost 7 thousand ships, marines numbered almost 500 thousand. today our army is about one half million active duty, marines under 200 thousand. We just dont have the numbers of fighting men anymore. The politicians are destroying our best young men and women because they dont have the backbone to support them unconditionally. It's an American tragedy.
Bry :patriot:
what you say is true, very true. problem, is government has made it clear they want a smaller military. and when BRAC (or however it's spelled) continually shuts down bases, yet fails to build or add to the remaining bases that are open, then the military can't grow and that's what they want. they've said live on CSPAN (and other outlets) the military doesn't need to be big because another world war will not take place, only centralized and low key combat will occur (even if that's true, it scatters your numbers in a broad spectrum, you still need a larger military than what we have). if the government looked out for the people like they should the government would be a better group of people. but, as long as they continue to worry about lining their own pockets, giving themselves raises, and seeing who can stay in office for the longest career length, then they are doing nothing but blowing smoke up the asses of the people and the majority continue to fall for it....
when draft dogers (clinton), politically correct cry babies and social workers (obama), career politicians (mccain, kerry, reid, thurmond (dead, but 70 years in congress), spratt, rangle, etc) it's gonna continue to drag the country down until we finally become a 3rd world country relying on others as they have relied on us. if the government was created "by the people for the people", when's the last time your represented listened to the majority of their people's voice? i can't recall an instance that mine have...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts