Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride with a group of guys and all of them and some of the wives all have Harleys. We are also in a Nascar Fantasy pool and tonight was our awards ceremony. Well, a couple of them came up to me tonight and said you know man you have an awesome bike there and wow it's FAST... put a nice smile on the face :) and just a big "Thanks" in return... :cheers:

·
Registered
4,323 Posts

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
Same here I ride with mostly Harleys and they all love the X...Most have even at one time or another begged me to swap bikes during a ride....However they live the "lifestyle" so I don't see them swapping anytime in the near future :bleh::bleh:

·
Registered
245 Posts
The HD NEED!

My wife and I were at a CMA Christmas party and one of the members and I were talking about our bikes and he said that both he and his wife had VTX 1300's. So I asked him what he rides now and he mention some Harley name, I'm not sure who can keep track (streetglide, wideglide softtail, fatboy, fl, xl and the ch) and proceeded to tell the rest of his story. He said he had wanted a Harley since he was a young boy and finally could afford one by trading both 1300's in on one (and I'm sure some money). What a glorious day for him when he picked it up,then when he was about ten minutes away from the dealer he said to himself what have I done; I traded in a better bike for this. Now his boyhood dream and adult male ego kicked in and said be proud you got your Harley. He has had it a while and is enjoying it, but still thinks about the Honda and compares his Harley to it.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
My wife and I were at a CMA Christmas party and one of the members and I were talking about our bikes and he said that both he and his wife had VTX 1300's. So I asked him what he rides now and he mention some Harley name, I'm not sure who can keep track (streetglide, wideglide softtail, fatboy, fl, xl and the ch) and proceeded to tell the rest of his story. He said he had wanted a Harley since he was a young boy and finally could afford one by trading both 1300's in on one (and I'm sure some money). What a glorious day for him when he picked it up,then when he was about ten minutes away from the dealer he said to himself what have I done; I traded in a better bike for this. Now his boyhood dream and adult male ego kicked in and said be proud you got you Harley. He has had it a while and is enjoying it, but still thinks about the Honda and compares it to his Harley.
Kinda like the guy that finally hooks up with the hottest chick in town, just to find out how much of a pain in the ass she is to deal with on a daily basis...:banghead:

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
Kinda like the guys that finally hooks up with the hottest chick in town, just to find out how much of a pain in the ass she is to deal with on a daily basis...:banghead:
Been there, done that! Was thinking that exact same thing. :cheers:

Still gives me the Hebus Jebus thinking about her. :icon_eek: What was I thinking!:banghead: So glad I got smart and traded her in. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Sounds like good folks. Wishing all a nice day.

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
good to hear that you are with a good group.
I ride with a group that has all kinds of bikes as well and we never trash each others bikes.

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Every "Click" of people have their jerks. Boaters, Bikers, Softball Players, Gearheads... etc.

Glad you found a good group of people. I get quite a few compliments from all riders. They're always nice to get.

-Gonz

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
I have even had a few 1%'ers with blinged out H-D's look over the Beast, and remark on how good she looks. I smile, say thanks, and compliment theirs in return.
:) - These VTX's are just very classy looking rides. What else can be said?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have even had a few 1%'ers with blinged out H-D's look over the Beast, and remark on how good she looks. I smile, say thanks, and compliment theirs in return.
:) - These VTX's are just very classy looking rides. What else can be said?
That's a good thing when it happens, and it does happen a lot. Maybe its because all riders face the same hazards, maybe its because all riders feel the same freedom. Whatever the reason, in MOST situations an X rider and his X will be respected if not totally accepted. and why not? :D
Bry

1 - 19 of 19 Posts