9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike sat a month.
Starts great.
Had know problems before.
When i put it in gear it dies.
Can not start by pulling in the clutch.
It will not turn over.
Also I noticed that I have know rear running lights.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Wayne.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
If you're talking about the rear turn signals as running lights, that's not how they work..Amber running lights to the rear of a vehicle is illegal in all 50 states...Only allowed on the front....

As far as the bike not starting in gear, make sure the kickstand is up..If it is, have you chenged the clutch and brake levers to aftermarket??..Some of them need a bit of grinding to activate the clutch safety switch...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats probabely my problem.
What a fool I am.
I am knew to the bike and have not riden it much.
It is blue in color and what a beauty.

Thanks for all of yall's help.

Wayne

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
What a fool I am.

Wayne
No problem man...We all remember the first few weeks that we had our bikes, and learning new stuff about them...Like they all say, the only dumb question is the one you DON'T ask...;) :D

·
a big trunk for my junk
268 Posts
OK .. thats funny
As funny as pulling up to the tool booth, killing it with the kill switch, putting down the kickstand and then having a dickens of a time getting it started again cuz the kickstand is down and the bike is in gear and the kill switch is off.

But I don't know ANYONE that has ever done that!

:icon_haha

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
What a fool I am.

Wayne
Blue bikes act like that. Welcome to the Cafe' and hope you join us quite often.....

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
When I got my first bike my brother jumped on it to try it out and when he dropped it into 1st it died. That bike would turn over but not fire. We pushed that thing for a good 5 minutes before his foot clipped the stand and he put it up and suprize... It srarted.

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Blue bikes act like that. Welcome to the Cafe' and hope you join us quite often.....
black ones do too old man...its just that the people riding them cant tell when it happens...black bikes are the same speed (slow) either way, pops :nope:

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
we have some, but not too bad yet.......snow advisory started yesterday till tomorrow.....weatherman predicts snow thru the weekend!!!! no riding this week!!!! thanks for sharing!!
Yea I can relate to that we've been under a storm watch for a couple of days and have been getting lake affect snow squalls until noon tomorrow. then on and off all week till next weekend and all over again.

Oops! sorry for stealing this thread.

Donut:patriot:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello from Palm Coast and Everyone is stupid at one time or other including me <more often than most> Anyway, good luck

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
black ones do too old man...its just that the people riding them cant tell when it happens...black bikes are the same speed (slow) either way, pops :nope:
Cruz,...IF he can keep up, have the young Mr. Knightroids follow you past here, so I can shoot out his tires with the poison dart gun...... the neighborhood kids will think we're having a giant rubber chicken for Xmas dinner.... :D

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Ya really, who would put a kill switch in a kick stand?
Never had that on any previous bikes.
What's even more embarrassing, is when you do it at the dealership and go back in to say there is an issue....:banghead:

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Cruz,...IF he can keep up, have the young Mr. Knightroids follow you past here, so I can shoot out his tires with the poison dart gun...... the neighborhood kids will think were are having a rubber chicken for Xmas dinner.... :D
cruz isnt available right now...he is on his way here for the 2010 october ride. still waiting for the slow black bike to make it. i will let him know what you said when he makes it though

1 - 20 of 23 Posts