Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Subiccs
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Poconos to vist family, was a hot day but the visit made it worth riding in the heat. Uneventfull ride there. The ride home was not as good! Halfway home a young black bear comes out of the woods and I hit it with the highway bar. Spins him around and he hits the saddlebag. Stopped to see if he what condition he was in but he was gone. Looked the bike over and the highway bar was pushed back and the saddlebag looked ok. Did some checking when I got home and the back side of the bag has a bracket pushed through. Guess it could have been worse. Guess luck was on my side!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow glad your ok that was a close call.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Happy to hear you are OK. You could have someone hold the bike up and place a 2/4 threw the highway bar to the front of the frame and bend the bars back a little.

·
Relocation Engineer
1,520 Posts
it could have been MAMA:icon_yike....wow them little buggers are tough.

·
Subiccs
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he was big enough to be on his own. Looked to be between 50 and 75 pounds. Big enough it sure could have been worse! Thanks everyone for the concern. Got the highwar bar so it loks good. The bag will take alittle longer. Got the fiberglass work done just have to prep and paint. Didn't know there were so many different colors of black! Hope it matches or I will be doing both!

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
If the black is stock like the bike it just buy some black auto paint with no side tinting. That means there's no gree or blue or anyother colors in it to change the black.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Wow, that sure could have been a different story. I'm glad the bear ran off, I was half expecting you to tell us that after the bear messed up your bike he came over and mauled you for hitting him. Happy that you're ok.

·
Reality Check Bounced
444 Posts
Glad you "Bearly" got thru ok, how did you not go down?? In 1967 my cousin was driving his 67 RoadRunner in upstate NJ when a deer hit his driver door and caused him to do a 180 and almost wreak and the deer walked away with a new impression of birds.LoL:D:D

·
Subiccs
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guess luck was on my side. head hit the highwaybar and dont know what hit the saddlebag. Somehow I "Bearly" no pun intended I'm sure got through it. Sure it is telling a good story! Think it might include I almost got away with it!
Glad you "Bearly" got thru ok, how did you not go down?? In 1967 my cousin was driving his 67 RoadRunner in upstate NJ when a deer hit his driver door and caused him to do a 180 and almost wreak and the deer walked away with a new impression of birds.LoL:D:D

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,234 Posts
Glad you made it through okay.

Seen a grizzly in a bear trap today. Followed him for about 10 miles as they were relocating him somewhere. He must have been doped up cause he looked like he was enjoying the ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts