Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black 1300c and have been thinking of painting the wheels black, possibly leaving the outer rim alum. Anyone done anything like this and have pics?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also own a black 1300C and will be having my wheels power coated black this off season. I am tired of busting my knuckles trying to keep them shinny. It might make the fast color faster.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
There's always black chrome too...

Mort

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
The black chrome looks awesome!! I was going to have my spokes powder coated black but decided I want to put C wheels on instead. Once I have those, I may end up looking at the powder coating again but for now I'm waiting.

·
Registered
224 Posts
1300C wheels powder coated black gloss, final drive and front rotor were painted. I wanted the whole wheel pc'd because I wasn't sure that the outer edge between the pc and the aluminum would be a "clean" edge. I also didn't want to mess with having to polish that edge. PC wheels are so easy to keep clean; windex and a microfiber towel, get the job done in no time. I get a lot of compliments on my bike too a lot of guys love the black wheels and black apes.

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
I thought of powder coating or painting the inner wheel the color of the bike, polishing rim of the wheel and possibly doing white wall tires...it was just a thought

1 - 14 of 14 Posts