Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend I decided that with what little tax money I had left I would put the bike mods on hold and take the wife and kids to Great Wolfe lodge. Everything went awesome I highly recomend this place for a family vacation. But the best part came on our way home. So I got the cruise set @ 75-80 mph this bike come out of no where gets right next to me sets his throttle lock and salutes me (and not the middle finger either) the real deal military salute. I looked @ my wife and was completely blown away I thought how the hell did he know I was military. Then it dawned on me that on the rear of my truck I have two stickers one say Iraq I served and the other Afghanistan I served. It gave me goose bumps to know that someone would go out of there way to do this for me. Just thought I would share the story.:patriot:

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Very cool... and congrats.. thanks for your service to this great country

Spoiler

:patriot:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow thank you guys I never in a million years would have thought that I deserved the honor of a simple thank you. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Wow thank you guys I never in a million years would have thought that I deserved the honor of a simple thank you. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!
Honor is given to servants for service, though, as was once stated, everyone should serve, not all do! The wives/husbands, mothers/fathers, children also should be honored. Hopefully those who serve recognize their sacrifices also. just like it takes a village, it takes a family to support you, it takes a squad, a platoon, a company...thank you!!! Salute...:patriot: :choppersm

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
When someome recognizes you and thanks you they are expressing there feeling for all those who serve. You all keep us and our loved ones safe and allow everyone in this country to sleep safely. Not everyone can or will serve, I'm good with that. People in the private sector keep our troops supplied witht the things needed to survive here and in all the different countries. It takes a nation to support our troops, those that don't should hang their heads in shame. There will always be Westboro's in the world sadly.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That's an incredible story..........thanks for sharing, and of course for your service! I know I will pay more attention to bumper stickers when I ride from now on.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I can't thank those who served enough. My dad was in the USAF for 27 years. Once he retired, I thought it was awesome that when presenting ID to get on base, the guard would salute him and say "Have a good day Master Seargent."

Again, I can't thank you all enough who have served!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Jason I salute you also for the great job and sacrifice you do and have done for the people of this country..... Thank-You

·
Official Fuddy Duddy
1,757 Posts
Great story thanks for sharing, and thanks for your service

1 - 20 of 20 Posts