Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. New member here. I bought a vtx today. 2005 vtx1800r spec3. Only 10000 miles. Immaculate. I have ridden off and on for years. My first big cruiser though.

·
Deplorable member
7,381 Posts
Nice ride and just in time for riding weather.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great weather here, nearly year round. Have always wanted a big cruiser. Honda is the best. 1 item removed from the bucket list today.

·
Super Moderator
5,263 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from the sunny central valley in California. Enjoy the Addiction!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Welcome to the Forum... much good information and fixes here... search is at the ready..

you need to give the bike some LOVE.. ride that Horse..

my 2005 has 87,000 miles.. start catching up... and I never rode it to work... or on a long trip.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,900 Posts
Welcome to the site, immaculate on the outside and low miles it's spent a lot of time sitting.
Do all the maintenance on your new toy and ride it like you stole it. :choppersm

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
Great weather here, nearly year round. Have always wanted a big cruiser. Honda is the best. 1 item removed from the bucket list today.
Where's -here-? Most folks edit their profile/ settings to reflect their area so we can connect you to events and people near you to increase your riding addiction. Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,900 Posts
Where's -here-? Most folks edit their profile/ settings to reflect their area so we can connect you to events and people near you to increase your riding addiction. Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.
New Mexico, it's in their profile.

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
New Mexico, it's in their profile.
It's not in the upper right of their posts. I did see he mentioned NM in another thread. I personally don't go to folks' profiles looking for info. Not when it can be put right on the page they're posting on.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome from east Texas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought from a local Suzuki, Kawasaki dealership. I have known the owner of the place for years. They done a complete service on it. It does need a new front tire. He is replacing that as part of the deal. He is going to replace the tire on Tuesday. 3000 bucks including a new helmet and new front tire. Pretty good deal.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
05, 10,000 miles ????? from a dealer..

you stole it..

I would not sell my 05 "F" with 87,000 for 3K... but this does not matter..I got it NEW,,, I will not sell it.

that bike was $13,500 new.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
11 Participants
FRNKCAT
Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum
VTX Cafe Forum is for owners of Honda VTX 1300 or VTX 1800. Join this community to discuss mods, specs, parts & more!
Full Forum Listing