Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to put new pads on my '08 R, front and rear. Are the "sintered" pads worth the extra bucks, or will regular EBC's work just as well? I've got 20 K on the stock pads now, and I think it's time. Any opinions? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I'm ready to put new pads on my '08 R, front and rear. Are the "sintered" pads worth the extra bucks, or will regular EBC's work just as well? I've got 20 K on the stock pads now, and I think it's time. Any opinions? Thanks in advance.
IMO sintered will work fine if you really want to run them but they are mainly for high heat applications (ie: racing, high speed downhill running etc.) but I've never really cared for them because they are very noisy and you also risk them eating up your rotor. I'd stick with the OEM pads as the first choice or even the standard EBC pads if I had to, replacing the pads twice over time it's still a whole lot cheaper than buying a new rotor and pads the next time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OEM meaning what I can get at the stealer?

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
OEM meaning what I can get at the stealer?
Yup, the Honda pads are good quality and last a long time, although some dealers do sell the EBC brand also so you can get either or there. They can be found online to if you don't care to deal with your local stealer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a website for the OEM's? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Im with the majority here, i always have used and am still using oem pads. For price and performance, they cant be beat imho. :mosh: Bry

there are a number of websites for oem brakes, but directlineparts and bikebandit are the 2 sites i'm most familiar with. Other cafe members may know other sites.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks!

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Mark me down for the OEM side of things...

Tried a set of EBC's on my Shadow.. Hated them.. Threw them in the trash and went and got OEM.. Just don't bother, go with OEM...

-Gonz

·
Registered
446 Posts
looks like majority in 2 forums like oem best. 28000 on fronts and are
still real good. always 2 up. would never use non oem.
not worth my life.--irv

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks...just doing my due diligence. Guys on both forums are extremely helpful. I just ordered the OEM's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just put EBC brakes on my 06 vtx1300 with cobra pipes and they are great. They create a little more noise than the OEM pads but they are cheaper and the noise is not obnoxious, you can just hear it a little more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts