Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I searched the forum (because I need new brakes), and I noticed that most* people are saying to stay with OEM brakes. Yall are saying they last longer and that they have better stopping power, and do less damage to the rotors. Ok got it, go with OEM, will do, time to call the stealer

Ring Ring

Stealer: stealership

Me: i needs new pads for my x

Stealer: $140

Me: are those OEM?

Stealer: no they are EBC's

Me: I would like OEM, Please

Stealer: I can get you OEM but they will only be EBS's in Honda Packaging with a higher price.

Me: Click

Question: Is this true?

* I did not say all

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
call bike bandits or directlineparts. You can actually look up the part number for the oem brakes that you need. For example, i paid something like 30 dollars for a OEM set of brakes a few months ago. Your stealer was a capitital S STEALER..:harder: Bry

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I have Organic EBC pads both front and rear on mine. Cost was a little over $50 for both front and rear sets of pads.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes put the EBC all around on mine for around $50. They have great stopping power I like them, but the front does make a slight buzz sound when you get on them. It isn't bad I can deal with it for the price we will see how many miles I get out of them. So far I am happy with the EBC Organics.

·
Registered
821 Posts
He's full of :icon_bs:. I priced a full set of oem pads a few weeks ago and it was only about $90 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just received rear brakes from Bike Bandit for around $30 something - they didn't say EBC anywhere on them. My old rear pads were clearly marked EBC. I put in the Honda OEMs, they grab well and are completely quiet.
I just ordered front pads from Bike Bandit for under $30.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 02 1800 C in march, new tires and brakes. after riding it for a while i picked up on a strange sound from the front
wheel, 25 mph or less, gets louder when front brake applied, sounded almost like a bad front wheel bearing, getting louder when more weight transfered to the front. a little on-line research in the VTX forums and i found wheels bearings last for ever, EBC brake pads make a funny noise. i removed the front pads and sure enough, EBC! the local "stealer" wanted $60.00 for the left front and $80.00 for the right front OEM brake pads! direct line parts has them for $36.75 for the left and $38.50 for the right (anyone know why they are different?) plus shipping. what i got was in a Honda package, the pads are Nissin just like the name on the front brake calipers. the "funny" noise is gone, there is some noise which sounds like a normal brake noise but no where near as loud. as far as stoping ability.... seems good to me!

Regards, Dave
Montreal

·
Reality Check Bounced
444 Posts
All 1800 brakes are the same size for both front and back. I got mine EBC's from directline and they came in one package, 2 sets for the front and 1 set for the back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well Carl, when i priced OEM front brakes, Honda told me the left 2 brake pads were one price and the right 2 brake pads were
another! Direct Line Parts also has OEM front pads listed as a left and right. when i installed them, they looked the same. So, i must have missed some thing!

Regards, Dave
Montreal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts