Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably been on here a few times but just wondering.

I had my bike up on the jack polishing wheels and notices when I turn them is sounds like the front and rear brake draggin a little. I thought that i noticed this same sound when riding but was not sure. Almost like the brakes are just barely making contact with the rotor when they are NOT applied. Is this normal? Whats the fix?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you have had your front wheel off for a tire change, or for any reason, it might not be adjusted right. There is a procedure to adjust the front wheel and a system of marks on the axle to line up. Then you spin the wheel and if there is a brake rubbing sound you loosen the pinch bolts and tap the fork gently until the wheel turns freely with no brake rub. A search of the forum could explain it better, possibly on bareass choppers website . Hope this helps, Bry :choppersm

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Probably been on here a few times but just wondering.

I had my bike up on the jack polishing wheels and notices when I turn them is sounds like the front and rear brake draggin a little. I thought that i noticed this same sound when riding but was not sure. Almost like the brakes are just barely making contact with the rotor when they are NOT applied. Is this normal? Whats the fix?
Nothing to worry about it's completely normal, with disc brakes the pads are always in contact with the rotors. It's just the nature of the design... :cheers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I did not know if it was normal or not I recently got the bike and is the first X ive owned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts