Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey VTX brothers and sisters. I've just posted a video on youtube of my new Bub Jug Huggers. I used an external mic and the audio came out really good and without distortion. I would say this is as close to the real sound of the pipes of anything else I've seen or heard on the web except for decibel level. These pipes absolutely kick a** and totally changed my X. I love 'em and recommend them if you want a loud pipe that you can control. When you're not on the throttle they are pretty decent and non-offensive. But when you want to raise some h*ll, just twist the throttle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aeyABBTb9Ahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADJz7SVEtPo

Enjoy and let me know what you think of the video.:choppersm

·
Registered
261 Posts
very nice....
I've been thinking of replacing the POS Vances and Hines pipes that are on the bike now, I've had to have the mounting brackets welded and have 5 blue spots in the chrome, then the end of the pipe on the lower pipe broke off and the tip of the pipe went rolling down the asphalt and is all gouged up, the piece of pipe that broke off the lower heat shield, was still attached to the screw that holds the tip on. Ended up having to take the tip off the top pipe to make it look some what presentable, but the lower pipe still has a 1" piece missing out of the heat shield.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awesome clip. Sounds great. Just bought my 1800 F2 last week and can't find the V&H staggered anywhere. Was considering the Bubs. No popping at all and no Fuel processor, right? Just making sure before I buy the Bubs. Thanks for the video link...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome clip. Sounds great. Just bought my 1800 F2 last week and can't find the V&H staggered anywhere. Was considering the Bubs. No popping at all and no Fuel processor, right? Just making sure before I buy the Bubs. Thanks for the video link...
Right, no fuel processor and I don't get decel pop, it's more like a burble (close to the stock sound) which isn't that bad. I would imagine the de-smog mod might change the burble to cleaner decel sound but I don't know if it would start popping unless I added a fuel processor. I don't think it's necessary at 5,000 feet and up where I'm at. There should be plenty of fuel/O2 ratio with the stock efi. I might add it if I do the airbox mod and a K&N filter.

One thing I've noticed more that I ride it compared to the video is the exhaust is it's a little sharper and has a definite crack/snap to the note on accel, which I like, and doesn't come out in the video do to the wind sock on the mic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Deal. Ordering them today. Will let you know if I get the same results. Thanks again.
Cool. Can't wait to hear your opinion. Everytime I get on the thing, I just grin like crazy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Woke up today and checked my e-mail. Phat Performance Parts has shipped my pipes. Feels like X-mas is coming. Will be here Thursday and on the bike immediately.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow Great video. They sound great.
Have you noticed any change it fuel mileage?
Thanks
I haven't ridden enough with them and before without them to know a difference. I'll be taking some longer trips soon to track the mileage. Lately it's been short 30 milers and cruisin' around in town.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got them on and rode about 40 miles with them. Absolutely awesome!!! Just like the video. No popping at all and they are fairly quiet at cruise and at idle with a low rumble but light up when u get on it. They look great and the bike is smoother. No other mods with the pipes really saves some money for other things.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got them on and rode about 40 miles with them. Absolutely awesome!!! Just like the video. No popping at all and they are fairly quiet at cruise and at idle with a low rumble but light up when u get on it. They look great and the bike is smoother. No other mods with the pipes really saves some money for other things.
Awesome! Glad to hear you like 'em. I've been out all day and can't wipe the grin off my face. :choppersm

I see on Phat Performance Parts that they have one O2 sensor, what did you do about that?
That's correct. They only have one O2 sensor on the front pipe. I just put a Cobra O2 eliminator on for the rear pipe sensor. Disconnected battery for 30 min and no FI light since the install. I read that it is only used for emissions control at a very narrow rpm range at constant throttle (i.e. highway cruising) and that any other condition it is not used to adjust a/f mixture. Not sure if that's accurate but it makes sense. I would imagine you could put an eliminator on both and not know the difference.

I do notice a slight hesitation to surge with light partial throttle cruising. It seems more noticable with heavy wind buffetting like on a highway around cars. Not sure if it's due to the new exhaust and only one active O2 sensor or just air pressure fluxuations. I'm using the stock air box and filter so I wouldn't think that would effect it. It is very slight to the point where I don't consider a problem but do notice it the more I ride.

·
Registered
176 Posts
great video...pipes sound awesome and the bike looks great! everytime I get on this website someone has something good that I need to start saving up for :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My bike has no O2 sensor. The pipes came with a bolt to screw into the O2 port to close it off.
Lucky you. You didn't get the CA emission model. I live in Colorado but the dealership got CA models in for some reason. The desmog mod is going to be a b**** on this thing.:banghead:

Check this out. I was going to create another thread but thought this one applies...

The tips on my Bubs don't line up. Standing back looking the bike, it's not that noticable and even looks like they are kind of angled that way on purpose. On other pics of bikes I've seen, it doesn't look like they should be this way. It looks like the bottom tip needs to be angle down more to match the top tip.

fsu747 - Is your's straight or like mine?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts