Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals...Jenny and I went out to hang with my former bandmates and I even got to sit in for some songs with the guys....Had a blast and got home about 4:30 yesterday morning...When I woke up a few hours later, Bubba was in his bed and not getting up..He had pooped on the floor quite a bit and I started yelling at him about it when I realized he wasn't getting up....I tried to help him, as he has bad hips and sometimes a tough time getting out of bed....But when I picked him up, it wasn't right...I tried to get him to stand and he just fell over face first to the floor on his left side...I tried to help him and it just wasn't happening...I woke Jenny up and we both realized something was very wrong with him...We put him back in his bed, hoping he would get up and around and get back to normal...On Sundays when we're not out riding, we watch racing and I have an air popcorn popper..When he hears me get that out along with the tin canister we keep popcorn in, he's out in the kitchen waiting for popcorn that "accidentally falls ;)" ...He knows I share my popcorn with him...Well yesterday he cried and yelped because he couldn't get out of his bed.....So Jenny and I shared a big bowl and picked him up and layed him at our feet by the couch and fed him popcorn...Jenny is on vacation this week, and said she would take him to the vet and see what's up, so I drove my car as the parking lot at the vet is kinda small to by trying to manuever my hearse around in...I woke up about an hour early (couldn't sleep) and went to check on him...No change whatsoever...So I grabbed a handfull of dog treats and fed them to him while he just layed there struggling to sit up...I spent some time with him, petting him and gave him a kiss on the forehead, told him goodbye before I went to work...Jenny took him to the vet and they said he had a massive (for a dog) stroke and gave him basically no chance to recover, considering he couldn't even begin to hold himself up on the left side...So we made the toughest decision we've ever done and had him put to sleep...:icon_cry2 I had to stay at work today, as I'm the only guy in shipping, and my backup is also on vacation this week...The hardest day I've ever had to go through at work, trying not to completely lose it in front of co-workers...I did tell a few people that knew something was wrong with me, and one of the guys even built a casket during his lunch for us...

Little did I know this morning when I grabbed the keys to my hearse that I'd be bringing home a casket for my best friend...:(

It rained most of the day, really hard for almost an hour, and stopped just before quiting time...Jenny and Kyrie were here and we went to the backyard and picked a spot for him to be placed...Got done about 4 central time, and it started raining again shortly afterwards...He has his bed and favorite blanket, along with his tennis ball with him...

Those that have been here for the tech session day, spring meet and greet, and fall ride, know that he was a "people person"...He made sure to greet everyone that come to vist "his" home...He also was my buddy..He always made sure to follow me around, and always had to go out in the garage with me, or wherever...If I had to come inside for a bathroom break or whatever, he would stand at the garage door and wait for me to come back...Those with dogs know that they are truely man's best friend...Well he was every bit a part of this family as Jenny or myself...We treat our pets that way...We're really gonna miss him and we know that he's not suffering now...Doesn't make it any easier to deal with though..I've cried so much today that my eyes feel like I've been up for three days straight...On Wednesday this week, he would've been 11 years old....We got him at about 3 months old, and gave himethe best life we could, and pretty much spoiled him rotten...Always gonna love him and miss him....:icon_cry2

R.I.P Pugsley/Bubba/Fatboy.....:icon_sad:

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
So sorry to hear about your best bud Bill, I only met him once, but I think we were friends by the time I left.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,121 Posts
Wow, that' sad and I can tell Bubba meant a lot to you guys. They do become part of the family. Sorry for your loss.

·
Darkside Pastor & Addict
4,151 Posts
Sorry for your loss Bill.

Dave

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
So sorry to hear about "Bubba". I know how it feels as I have raised 3 pets from 7 weeks old till old age took them. It's a very hard thing to get through.

·
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So sorry to hear about your best bud Bill, I only met him once, but I think we were friends by the time I left.
Oh yeah, you were:cool: ...Might've had something to do with that bag of antelope sausage that was making the rounds that day....I think he got more of that stuff than anybody else!!...LOL...:cool:

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Yea, Ole Bubba definitely liked me after that episode, followed me around the rest of the time looking for more I think!! Like I say, condolences to you & Jen, he surely will be missed:(

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Bass - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have been through it a couple of times and another is ahead soon. My old boy is 16. Get another soon. When you are a dog person, it is the only cure.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Sorry to hear man...They definately are family members. I keep trying to prepare my wife (and myself) to the fact that our lil Keesha is 14 1/2 and her time is getting near. That is the reason she isn't seeing or hearing as well as she used to and stumbles once in awhile.
The popcorn story was pretty kewl. Take it easy dude...maybe a new puppy?

K

·
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've always had a thing for Dachsunds, and we've had a couple in the past...But they were already grown dogs and it's not really the same as raising one from a puppy...Always said that when something happens to one of the two dogs we already have (had), a wiener dog puppy is next...Don't think I'm ready right now for that though....

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
Omg Bass, I am so sorry to hear about Bubba:(, I can totally understand where you are coming from, It doesn't take a puppy very long to move it's way into your heart and take the title of " best friend"..Of course everyone on here knows of Dexter, and the thought of "that" day just causes me to lose it...I am not so sure I could handle it...I wish you and Jenny the best ..and again I am so sorry ...RIP Bubba :icon_tear:icon_tear

1 - 20 of 53 Posts