Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first bucketride was mainly on back roads (90%) to the east coast and down to Florida panhandle. I started in central Texas across to upper part of La., Miss., lower part of Ark,upper Al. Ga. and lower part of Tenn. Knoxville, then Va. Beach for a 4 day layover. Then went down east coast on 17 to Savannah then cut across to Tallahassee to Fort Walton Beach for two days. I then headed back home acrossthe lower half of Ga., Miss, La. I had rear flat in Natchitoches, lucky that was when I was sitting at a light. Was able to leave the next day for home and rolledin about 1:00pm.

No Tickets, two close calls, and a hell of lot of fun.
Total miles including the lost and run about 4041 miles.
Next bucket ride is the Mid-West North to see some more of this great land!

Join in and lets hear able your Bucket list rides or what ever!

·
apacolypse survivor!
4,517 Posts
mine would be the pan-american highway on a older abused looking bmw crosstour hopefull that would keep me from being kidnapped ect for my bike in the south american countries ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine would be Highway 101. I have family both in California and Washington. I haven't seen the Redwoods since I was a kid. "They were a lot shorter then." And the Oregon coast is beautiful.

·
Village Idiot
1,751 Posts
Sturgis.

Sent from atop a honey pot in the 100 acre woods.

·
Registered
205 Posts
used to live in northern Oregon on hwy 101 .... that is a fantastic ride when it's not all clogged up with tourists and RV's.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Restoring my first streetbike ('73 CB350) now for my wife to use as a "learner bike" then we'll get her either a Shadow 750, or just go all out and get another 1300 for her...Then take a couple weeks vacation (maybe 3), load up both bikes and ride from our home in northern Indiana to the Grand Canyon and back...

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
To see as many of our national parks as possible.

·
X-Bull Rider
1,053 Posts
San Diego by way of Glacier National Park and a few other side trips. Back to Ohio by way of the Grand Canyon and Big Bend with a few more side trips. I figure about 12 weeks in all.
I also want to ride with the PGR at my funeral.
:cheers:

·
Registered
994 Posts
I would like to ride in all 50 states, whether I have my bike or rent one. I think it will be great to ride in every state and see what they are known for. IE St Louis Arch, Hoover Dam, Sturgis, Grand Canyon.

·
Chrome Whore
907 Posts
To leave the house with no destination in mind and see where the roads take you.

·
A guy with a bike.
1,793 Posts
Mine would be Highway 101. I have family both in California and Washington. I haven't seen the Redwoods since I was a kid. "They were a lot shorter then." And the Oregon coast is beautiful.
When you do this look us up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
A guy with a bike.
1,793 Posts
I want to make the trip on the Run For The Wall. From Olympia Washington to CA to join at the start. Then ride all the way to DC with the pack. Coming home I'm not yet sure of the route I'd take but it would be a ride for the photo albums and personal record books.

I also want to ride around Hawaii's Big Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lish and I want to ride to kew west, British columbia mountains in canada, redwood trees, out west when the fires die down, and niagra which we may do next year. Lots on the bucket list.lol:choppersm

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,311 Posts
Would like to ride over towards the east coast and see the fall colors and I'd like to ride the dragon just to say I did. As for right now, we're having a blast riding in our own neck of the woods.

·
Curmudgeon at Large
8,365 Posts
mine would be the pan-american highway on a older abused looked bmw crosstour hopefull that would keep me from being kidnapped ect for my bike in the south american countries ;)
I could do that one...

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
Restoring my first streetbike ('73 CB350) now for my wife to use as a "learner bike" then we'll get her either a Shadow 750, or just go all out and get another 1300 for her...Then take a couple weeks vacation (maybe 3), load up both bikes and ride from our home in northern Indiana to the Grand Canyon and back...
Ah yes, the Grand Canyon...that's on my list....

To see as many of our national parks as possible.
Oh, yes, that's on my list too....

·
Klaatu Barada Nikto
1,807 Posts
3 RTW (around the world) trips on different bikes, all of north and south america too...

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,810 Posts
:choppersmBucket list (1) Key West, (2) Niagra Falls, (3) Grand Canyon, (4) Big Sky Country (Montana), (5) Northeast in the fall. And on and on and on....... As many miles of smiles around our great country as I can manage.

:patriot: tom

1 - 20 of 54 Posts