Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had any time to post. House is up for sale, got a purchase agreement, looking for a house in Tennessee. I've never trailered a bike but once, dealer strapped it down. Gotta search on how to strap. Compress forks or not compress them. Looking forward to the move. House inspection is tomorrow. If all goes well July17 will be my last say in Minnesota. We are looking for a house out by Johnson City, maybe down by Dayton. Lots of nice rides up by Johnson City it seems..........
Rog

·
Super Moderator
10,028 Posts
Best wishes and hope you make it to where you want to be. Keep us informed. I spend the summers a couple hrs south of you - a bit SW of Asheville.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've always placed a block of 4x4 underneath the bike and strapped until the frame was on that block of wood. It didnt compress the forks but still the bike was rock solid when transporting

Reactions: MPD193

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes use the blocks once while hauling dirt bikes the seals let go and all the oil sprayed on everything and the bike fell over on the trailer good thing it was a dirt bike! after that I always used a block under the front frame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts