Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

California Tank Bib

5K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  Mondorah 
#1 ·
IM sure that this has been discussed before but now that peaceful cruisin is no more does anyone know if someone bought the business and continued the Calif. or is there someplace else to get a good tank bid like theirs that wrap around the bottom of the tank:banghead:

#4 ·
I made my own from an old pair of chaps. I have been thinking of making some, I have a pattern for both 1300's and 1800's, it's just a matter of time and getting the supplies.
You can kind of see it in the pic (it's the only one I have right now).

#10 ·
Thanks Jerry.
I have been thinking about making a few to fill the void left by Peaceful Cruising.

#16 ·
#19 · (Edited)
Boy that would be great news. I have coveted (not supposed to do that) a couple of them since they went on permanent hiatus.

I emailed them this morning ... 7:15 CST. Here's hoping.

Edit 1 minute later:

7:16 am got an automated email response back thanking me for interest ... was this coming when they were shut down ? ... Is this a good sign ?​

#22 ·
I couldn't get the e-mail quote request to come up here at work. Called the phone # and talked to Rob T - he was able to give me a quote over the phone. Just finished sending the Papal payment. This is going to be an awesome addition to my bike. I'm happy to not have to settle, the Peaceful Cruisin Bib is exactly what I was looking for. Rob told me that he is only going to be in production until spring and will shut down again to do some serious riding. Better act fast if this is on your wish list.

#27 ·
Got my quote last night around 11:00 pm CST for the bib for the wife's Shadow 750C2. Found the email in my inbox this morning. Peaceful Cruisin was working late.

Funds sent - PC says it should be here with 10 days !!

Hopefully next month can get one ordered for the "X".

One for the wife was a priority. The procedure she has to go through to get on and off the bike because of a knee replacement and a stiff hip runs her boot with the side zippers real close to the tank every trip on and off. Also she uses the tank sometimes to put her hand for balance and leverage. Need to get it protected post hast.

#30 ·
Got the one I ordered for the wife's 750 Spirit Monday. Haven't had a chance put it on yet. Looks really nice out of the box. Can't wait to get it on...

:banghead:..Dam_ work gets in the way of all sorts of stuff...:banghead:

:icon_cry2..Most likely won't get a chance until the weekend .....:icon_cry2 14-16 hour work days seem to take up too much time. I was supposed to be off today ... got called in anyway - just 12 hours today after 30 on Monday. More of the same for the rest of the week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.