Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, forever I've bemoaned not wanting a fairing on my vtx. But then I had a sport bike which I tended to ride on colder days (believe it or not, those small fairings do a good job of keeping the wind off of you on the highway). Last winter was one of the worst that I can remember here in Florida. I know, I know, it's nothing compared to the great white north, but it still sucked regardless of how you slice it. This year, I sold off the sport bike, and have been rethinking my decision about a fairing. Well, several months ago I decided that I want a batwing for the X. I've been trying to figure out how to afford the one that I want, get it painted, etc, etc etc. Then in steps Wanderingbear.
Jerry bought a new fairing for his ride, and had his old one sitting around. He knew that I wanted it, and guess what he did. He gave it to me. The complete batwing, along with a stereo, speakers and an alarm! Please tell me what type of person does that...no don't, I already know what type, the best of friends. I'm posting pics of the bike, but also want to post a public "THANK YOU" to Jerry. Thanks Brother.

Oh and BTW, yes I did finally figure out how to resolve the issue of the gap between the fairing and the headlight, but when I fixed it, it was too dark to get a good pic.

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
hey matt, i am just guessing...but if jerry thinks of you the way most of us do on here (especially for what you have done for your kids) then i can totally understand where he is coming from and if it would have been me, i would have done the same for you. you deserve at least that much.

thank you for being so kind hearted jerry...my hat is off to you my friend :patriot:

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
It's pretty! Wishing you a nice day.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
not being on here long, i still took a liking to wandering bear. After reading Madmatt's post i can see more of how wandering bear is made. That is a very generous gift he made, from one friend to another and its nice to see that the spirit of giving still lives on in some people. All in all, just a great post.
Good luck to you both!
Bry

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Thanks Matt but I still couldn't catch up with you if I tried. I knew when the boys came the fairing was moving to the back burner. It seemed a little thing to do for someone who did a huge thing. You'll lways be my hero Matt and Diane too. Ride it and enjoy the tunes.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The more I am on here the more I see the good in humanity. Matt looks great and im sure you will enjoy it on those cold days in florida :rolleyes:. (its been in the 20's- 30's here:bleh:)
And Bear what can i say. Hats off to you. You are truly a good person.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Jerry is truly a great guy, and I can't think of a more fitting recipient than you Matt.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
You know I'm looking at his bike and seeig what just a painted fairing does to enhance a bike. If yu have one and want a paint job but the budget is tight this mightbe just he new mod for you. BD's would be the place I'd reccomend to get it done. What do you guys think of the idea????

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everybody, I love it. Funny, this morning I hopped on for the ride to work, it was 50ish here. I put on my heavy gloves, heavy riding jacket (without the liner though) and decided to go ahead and use the half helmet since the windshield would be blocking for me. It was hot on the way to work. Looks like I'm going to get a lot more use out of my perforated jacket and lighter gloves now! No more stay-puffed marshmallow man look for me. Or is it Ralphie from christmas story look? either way, Its going to allow a lot more riding this winter! WOO HOO!

I think that it's a good idea Jerry. The bike looks great to me, and I'd imagine that just painting the fairing would save a pretty penny. Then the owner could save pennies to paint the bike later, but still have the custom look in the meantime. Of if you have hard bags, paint the fairing and the bags, leaving the bike stock, etc.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
Jerry is a great guy and great friend......he certainly wouldnt hesitate to give the shirt off his back!! or the fairing off his bike!! what a wonderful thing to do.........very deserved, Matt!!:mosh:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts