Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - a bit of a different request. I'm planning a ride from my country through yours as part of going to conferences at the end of May. I'm actually leaving from Regina Saskatchewan and heading via Tulsa OK to Austin TX. I would really appreciate any advice you folks could offer on this trip or portions thereof. I'm looking for nice roads, interesting sights, good food, and economical but nice places to stay. I'm planning four days to get from one end to the other. I'm headed a slightly different way home that I do have worked out, so I really need the north to south route only. My girl and I plan to visit a few folks we know in CO and Montana heading home.

Here's hoping you guys see this - I wasn't sure where to put it (which forum) because it's not really a group ride, just me commuting!! :choppersm

BTW - whether you answer or not, thanks for being there. I've taken a lot of advice from this site and truly enjoy meeting the folks online. Not a huge contributor but I hope as time goes on to add some value back.

Dic

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,205 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho

Only place I'd personally recommend is Glacier, Yellowstone, and the Tetons, but those are kinda out of your way going south.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:

·
Registered
118 Posts
As you well know,

Travel during the day in Canada, Moose....
They are a killer. Gas is way cheaper in the states.
A cup holder is a must have. Windshield too. Huge bugs!!
On the way back, I-25 wouldn't be a bad idea. Great Country too.
Had the pleasure of playing music in Regina a few years back.
It's a lot like Eastern Washington in the summer. Hot and Dry!

Cheers!
:cheers:

Ken

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Welcome to The Cafe from N.E. Washington.:coffee:

·
Registered
517 Posts
When you get to Oklahoma go to Braum's for burgers and Ice Cream best in the west. If you are running down 29 it gets flat fairly quickly. If you stay on the west side of N&S Dakota down route 85 there is a lot more to see but it may be a fairly slow ride.

·
El Chupacabra Lives!
5,687 Posts
Post itinerary (meet folks)
Bring less stuff. - bring more money - stop - eat - drink - take pictures - take your time - have adventures - ride the side rides.

Welcome to the Cafe. :)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from South Georgia. :patriot:

·
Banned
734 Posts
You are planning to ride two up from your home to Texas in 4 days, good luck. It took me 2.5 days to go 1250 miles in a car, I think I would plan on 5 days unless you and your girl are part of the iron butt club. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts