Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

901 - 920 of 930 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
i am not too good with spark plugs ....i got the 1 pack of RA8HC , i set it .030 the gauge slide easy but .032 is tigh so = 0.031 ....i am making the adaptor for the clutch pull to help my hand ...today ride it for whole day and 1 acident on hiway which force me to use the clutch so much .... it hurt a bit ....so far i got 150 miles and the bike is still runing without resevse switch on yet ...woah i got a bit more miles on a tank . YEEEHAAA !

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,564 Posts
Mark , let me know how many miles per tank you got ? i want to see i am doing ok on the rejet or not ...Thank you Sir
140 for the low, 180 for the high, it all depends on how hard I'm twisting the throttle... :cheers:

·
11,564 Posts
i am not too good with spark plugs ....i got the 1 pack of RA8HC , i set it .030 the gauge slide easy but .032 is tigh so = 0.031 ....i am making the adaptor for the clutch pull to help my hand ...today ride it for whole day and 1 acident on hiway which force me to use the clutch so much .... it hurt a bit ....so far i got 150 miles and the bike is still runing without resevse switch on yet ...woah i got a bit more miles on a tank . YEEEHAAA !
That's good to hear! :mosh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice writeup, great info. I’ve been doing this a long time. It’s nice to have good people willing to help out with pertinent, intelligent information. Thank you.

·
11,564 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Rest in peace, Charlie D. :patriot: Thank you for all that you did for all of us here on the Café. You taught so many of us your valuable knowledge and wisdom - you will be truly missed, sir.

>>> https://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php/238845-Charlie-D
What a sad news Mark, I am speechless and I only knew him for short time.
Sorry for our loss.
Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
11,564 Posts
It might seem silly to thank someone posthumously as I did above - and in a sense it really is, because it's obviously stated for we who survive him - but over the many years, I directly expressed my deep respect to Charlie and thanked him graciously several times via PM and in threads for his excellent advice and help both to me personally, and to the Café at-large. My Yankee Siege runs flawlessly from an impeccable state-of-tune due largely to the knowledge that I absorbed from him. Charlie D's legacy will live on for many, many years to come - in the motorcycling joy experienced by myself and many others who were fortunate to learn from him - as we confidently rocket down a two-laner on a warm, sunny, summer day. :mosh:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
It might seem silly to thank someone posthumously as I did above - and in a sense it really is, because it's obviously stated for we who survive him - but over the many years, I directly expressed my deep respect to Charlie and thanked him graciously several times via PM and in threads for his excellent advice and help both to me personally, and to the Café at-large. My Yankee Siege runs flawlessly from an impeccable state-of-tune due largely to the knowledge that I absorbed from him. Charlie D's legacy will live on for many, many years to come - in the motorcycling joy experienced by myself and many others who were fortunate to learn from him - as we confidently rocket down a two-laner on a warm, sunny, summer day. :mosh:
Well said. He will be missed. I also have a good running 1300 thanks to his awesome advice...

Posted 1-11-2019 on VTXOA forum by his brother Dutch...

Hello I am Charlies brother.
I wanted to post up and let everyone know Charlie passed away last Friday night due to natural causes.
I know he will be missed and I thought his friends should know .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello friends. I am new vtx 1300 rider and just preparing my bike for season. During the check of all details I discovered that there is missing one from the vacoom pipes coming from carb to pair valve. As factory diagram shows this small vacoom pipe comes from carb to petcock and to this PAIR valve. The hose is specially clogged. Bike has cobra pipes and K&N air filter. Should it be the reason for this modification? I have also uploaded pictures to make it more clear. Bike is working fine and no issue but what is the reason for that kind of modification? Screenshot_4.png Screenshot_5.png viber image 2019-02-125.jpg

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Hello friends. I am new vtx 1300 rider and just preparing my bike for season. During the check of all details I discovered that there is missing one from the vacoom pipes coming from carb to pair valve. As factory diagram shows this small vacoom pipe comes from carb to petcock and to this PAIR valve. The hose is specially clogged. Bike has cobra pipes and K&N air filter. Should it be the reason for this modification? I have also uploaded pictures to make it more clear. Bike is working fine and no issue but what is the reason for that kind of modification? View attachment 194657 View attachment 194659 View attachment 194661
https://tech.bareasschoppers.com/engine/vtx-1300-desmog/

You'll have to get tank off to get better look but I assume the pair stuff was removed.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hello friends. I am new vtx 1300 rider and just preparing my bike for season. During the check of all details I discovered that there is missing one from the vacoom pipes coming from carb to pair valve. As factory diagram shows this small vacoom pipe comes from carb to petcock and to this PAIR valve. The hose is specially clogged. Bike has cobra pipes and K&N air filter. Should it be the reason for this modification? I have also uploaded pictures to make it more clear. Bike is working fine and no issue but what is the reason for that kind of modification? View attachment 194657 View attachment 194659 View attachment 194661
That looks like the least amount of effort to remove the functionality of the pair valve. The aftermarket exhaust usually exhibits more noticeable backfiring with the pair in operation. I would personally recommend getting the block off plates and doing it correctly.

Also what is the red/black wire running across the radiator cap? That should be secured so it’s not resting on a heated surface.

·
Registered
3 Posts
second two pictures are not mine. So that black red cables are not on my bike. I have also pair valve pictures uploaded here. If I add this missing pipe and I will have backfire for what I need that? Screenshot_4.png

·
Registered
265 Posts
second two pictures are not mine. So that black red cables are not on my bike. I have also pair valve pictures uploaded here. If I add this missing pipe and I will have backfire for what I need that? View attachment 194663
I’m not suggesting you want or need backfire. I am recommending removing it all and getting the block off plates to do the job correctly.

·
Super Moderator
5,436 Posts
In the last two pictures I notice that the two larger diameter pipes (one going towards the front jug and one going towards the rear jug), are disconnected are those hoses also disconnected on your bike or are they still connected to the reed valves? Showing us pictures of a bike that is not yours does not help us to make informed suggestions as to what the status of your bike is. In fact, is the pair valve actually still present in your bike? I would suggest that you remove the tank and take actual pictures of your situation so that we can make better informed opinions and suggestions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I think this picture will help me for better demonstration. I have marked on it what is missing on my bike and I think you will understand. Forget all other pictures in previous posts. Red arrows showing missing pipe and blocked hose. Screenshot_5.png

·
my toes, my line
4,095 Posts
So I think this picture will help me for better demonstration. I have marked on it what is missing on my bike and I think you will understand. Forget all other pictures in previous posts. Red arrows showing missing pipe and blocked hose. View attachment 194665
We really need to see under the tank. I dont recall the line you have marked as "To PAIR valve" as such. I just looked at my own bike and my config is different than you describe.

I have my PAIR properly removed and blocked however.

·
Registered
422 Posts
So I think this picture will help me for better demonstration. I have marked on it what is missing on my bike and I think you will understand. Forget all other pictures in previous posts. Red arrows showing missing pipe and blocked hose. View attachment 194665
I removed both hoses at the top of the T in this photo, and the plastic T. I used the bottom hose in this picture and went directly from the Petcock to the Carb. This is what you do when you do the the pair valve block off plates. I think your previous owner did the pair valve removal.

If you are desmoged, and have that T sitting open you want to remove that and replace it with a single hose (vacuum hose) that goes from the carb to the petcock.

*If I remember correctly.

See the instructions from Bareasschoppers:

Now remove the long hose from the “T” (this is the bottom hose in the pic) that used to run to the PAIR valve. Set aside the remaining 2 short hoses and “T” fitting, you don’t need them anymore. You’re going to use this one long piece of vacuum hose to reconnect the carb to the “T” near the petcock (you’re using this piece to replace the connection that used to have the “T” in the middle). Make sure and take the small clamp from the original carb hose and reuse it when connecting to the carb again.

https://tech.bareasschoppers.com/engine/vtx-1300-desmog/

901 - 920 of 930 Posts