Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All I need your expertise.I had an issue where I went on a ride and came home covered in gas with the air filter housing filled with gas. I thought my float was stuck on my brand new carb because of some rust issues I was having with my tank. So I pulled my tank and sent it to get cleaned and sealed. and I pulled my carb and dropped the bowl but the float didn't appear to be stuck or hitting any friction but I pulled the float cleaned everything off and put it back together. I Got my gas tank back today and hooked everything back up with the exception of the air filter and cover to see if gas would start pouring out of the Carb again. Started it up to get the gas down in there and let it run till it was idling smooth. I gave it a few revs and on each initial rev after letting it come back down to Idle the Carb shot out a mist of gas. I attached a very short video on youtube for you guys to see what I'm talking about. Could you take a look and tell me if this is alright or if there is a problem what it might be?

Someone suggested checking the Valve clearance so I did. Everything was good there.

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
Have you done any rejetting?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had my bike air filter off earlier and no it did not send a mist of gas out like that and I have watched a few videos of engines being revved with the air filter off and did not see that happen but then again im not a professional

·
Registered
79 Posts
Carbs have a feature called an accelerator pump. When you first open the throttle, the air flow lags for a split second and there isn't enough gas flowing through the carb to permit the engine to accelerate. So the accelerator pump put a small squirt of gas directly into the throat of the carb, but only on a rapid throttle up. The gas should not be coming out of the carb.
I can't say whats wrong. Only that a squirt of gas on throttle up is by design.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I read all the old posts cause it helps me learn so much about my bike, and I usually will comment even if it's old to just put my opinion there in the thread. I have commented on posts that are 10 years old, but I'm doing this on purpose 🙃

·
Registered
My other bike is a Turbo Busa
54 Posts
I read all the old posts cause it helps me learn so much about my bike, and I usually will comment even if it's old to just put my opinion there in the thread. I have commented on posts that are 10 years old, but I'm doing this on purpose 🙃
Don't worry about it JohnPaul. Bullies Stink 💩 Bad. Ignore em'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts