Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2008 Honda vtx 1300c.I have had two mechanics work on the carb and it still does the same thing.Don't laugh to hard but it is very hard to start even with full enrich.I back it out to close doors and it quits.It will not start unless I give the breather a couple of good hard strikes and it will start.I am s.o.l.Is there someone who can figure this out?Carburetor stock rebuild kit installed.I had to turn the idle up for it to run.I have only owned it for two years.Did a lot of work to bring it up to where I want it.All stock.I am at your mercy.Dan

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
has the diaphragm been replaced.
has the rubber intake been inspected closely.

has the carburetor body ultrasonic cleaned. many small passageways ..

18 years of carb history on this forum. with how-to's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello I have done a shitload of reading on this site but cannot seem to find what might be going on with what using full enricher then stall then hard bang palm strike to breather it starts.I saw 3 Bikes out yesterday so time is coming.Anyone think of why hitting that would make the bike run...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like your float is stuck in the up (gas bowl full) position. When you smack the air cleaner, float is shook loose, gas flows, then it starts. Easy to check and fix.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello I have a 2008 Honda vtx 1300c.I have had two mechanics work on the carb and it still does the same thing.Don't laugh to hard but it is very hard to start even with full enrich.I back it out to close doors and it quits.It will not start unless I give the breather a couple of good hard strikes and it will start.I am s.o.l.Is there someone who can figure this out?Carburetor stock rebuild kit installed.I had to turn the idle up for it to run.I have only owned it for two years.Did a lot of work to bring it up to where I want it.All stock.I am at your mercy.Dan
I agree with VTXRED it is most likely the float sticking. What did the two mechanics that worked on it say, and who bought the carb kit and who put it in ? Are you sure it was the correct kit. I rebuilt mine late last year, I let mine soak in a bucket of carb cleaner for two days to make sure it was clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts