Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am planning on performing a carburetor tune up on my 04 1300C. I am new to the bike and when I purchased it, it had a Hypercharger, Vance and Hines pipes and a sticker that says Dyno Jet on the frame. I am having problems with it cold start and then staying running without the choke mostly activated. I changed the plugs, oil and recharged the K&N couple of weeks ago. My question is when I get into the carb with those mods, what is/are the appropriate jet/s etc. I will clean them etc but wanted to make sure the jets are correct for the mods indicated. I have watched the videos of the job by Two Wheel Rocco. Additionally, I purchased and will install the A/F mount cable from Glens VTX Garage, when I am in there as well, and hopefully check the valve gaps.

Its been many years since I owned a carburetored bike, so I am trying to get the hang of things again..

Thank you

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
hello and welcome to the cafe:patriot: :coffee:

i havent' been on here for a while, but if you need alot of your questions answered, specially with carb tuning, i would recommend going to headers on top and clicking on FORUM then 1300 Forums, then you'll see some good help there. the first few are called "stickys" the second or third one down is Carb Tuning (i think) by Charlie D, you can't go wrong there. there are a few other rascals around here, Vinish, Paxman, and others who are good with carbs and will help you.
just my 2 cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts